Dexron Ii - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2006   #1  
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Dexron Ii

anyone?

don't bug me about wrong section as this is more frequented by those in the know about fluids than the other vehicle sections on this site....

name a brand for Dexron II
if dexron III or IV can be used in place of
anything else I should know.....that doesn't mean tell me rhcp0801 is emo..or RAMCOSCA and Boricua_civic...touch themselves I know this already....:::shudder:::
shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006   #2  
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Well.... according to chevron, Dexron III can be used in place of Dexron II
http://www.chevron.com/products/prod...ntent/atf.shtm

Do I dare to ask what your putting this into?

As for the rest.... let try to keep things about people touching themselves in the XXX forum please
Jrfish007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006   #3  

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
'92 corolla...I'm pretty much overhauling the thing...save for the internals past camshaft and valves and tranny.

thanks for the info btw....just I haven't found anyone (major retailers) that stocks D2....
Old 08-16-2006   #4  
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomster
'92 corolla...I'm pretty much overhauling the thing...save for the internals past camshaft and valves and tranny.

thanks for the info btw....just I haven't found anyone (major retailers) that stocks D2....

Ahhh.... well I would probably search for D3, should be easier to find. I'm not to sure what other type of fluid can go into that... sorry But I do know if you call Amsoil, they will tell you what type to put into it. I know someone who called them, and they actually told them not to put Amsoil ATF into their tranny, but put some other brand in. I was rather impressed a company would say that. Maybe it was just a pissed off employee
Jrfish007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006   #5  

ha .....well hopefully that means they're honest...I just can't wait for Friday....I've got to formulate what to do first.......cuz if I'm right this is not all gonna be done in one day....specially if it's just me....oh well...time to go and find some D3.