Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Royal Purple ATF

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light
Royal Purple ATF

Hey I am wondering if Royal Purple ATF is ok to use. I can not find my manual to see what kind to use besides the Honda brand.
Old 03-26-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
read the faq's in the fuel,oil and other maintenance & MODS PLEASE MOVE

SHort answer=yes, you can use it, but it is not going to do anything except possibly 'possibly' shorten tranny life. hasn't been proven yet, but thats the rumor going around.
Old 03-27-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
I honestly don't think it will shorten tranny life.

7g auto trannies are notorious for randomly failing ... one person probably put an aftermarket atf in their auto tranny and they just happened to be one of the lucky ones to have their auto tranny fail ... and probably blamed it on the atf.
Old 03-27-2006
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
I have been told by multiple shops to only use Honda MTF (Manual Tranny). Not sure if it's the same case for autos though.
Old 03-27-2006
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
The Honda ATF has some certain viscosity it has to be, make sure the fluid is that viscosity. Don't go by the label that says it can be used in Honda's in general, because not all Honda's have the same tranny. I'm not sure of that viscosity off the top of my head, but I'm sure you can search and find it.
Old 04-01-2006
Registered!!

HOOCHYboi is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm about to change my manual tranny fluid on my 02 HX, and was going to use that Redline stuff. Others have said it works really good.
Old 04-08-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
People are using Redline ATF and it works just fine. Apparently you don't HAVE to use Honda ATF... they just recommend it so that they can make more money.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=250410