Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Anybody ever use the Honda Performance Tranny Fluid?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Anybody ever use the Honda Performance Tranny Fluid?

I think its Redline, but Honda sells it. Its the only other replacement you should use safely. They told me to use it, but I didnt have all the cash in the right account. Im just wondering if anybody is using it, and if it makes a difference. The guy said it helps the tranny to run a lot cooler, and he uses it in his K20 hatch, and B18 crx. So I was just wondering if anybody had used it, and if I should switch to it? I have a 01 LX manual turbo coupe.

Peace
Old 06-28-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
never heard of this one.. got any links or more details?

im curious to know as well. do they have it for honda auto tranny fluid as well?
Old 06-28-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
if it doesn't SAY honda atf on the bottle, its not going in my 01+ civic tranny.
Old 06-30-2005

Originally Posted by gearbox
if it doesn't SAY honda atf on the bottle, its not going in my 01+ civic tranny.
Thats fine for you, I wouldnt either. EXCEPT this product. All Hondas wouldnt sell it if it wasnt good for our car. Its about 6 bucks more a quart. The guy recommended it to me for my civic, he has 2 hondas, both nice/fast. He knew more than anybody else ever has at a honda dealer. And I figured since honda sells it as the only replacement, its probably pretty good ****.

Ill see if I can find a link for it.

Here is a thread on another forum

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/arch.../t-176994.html
Old 06-30-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Oh okay I was talking for auto trans that I would never use it. Manual use could use just about anything. I gathered from the post that its just redline brand oil.
Old 07-01-2005

Yeah, it seems that a lot of people have not had good luck with auto trannys. People with manuals seem to have good experiences with it. I may try it out soon.
Old 07-01-2005
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
makes shifting for me alot easyer.
Old 07-01-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Now, is this H-G branded as performance transmission fluid? Or is it just redline that the dealer sells? There is kind of a difference... The honda stuff has a couple extra things in it to keep the synchros happy and I don't think anyone else has found another one that has them. The honda stuff is so cheap (isn't it like $3.99 a quart) and you only need 2 bottles that you may as well just change it every 10K and call it a day.
Old 07-03-2005
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
from experience I drained and put in red line in my auto after boosting and it shifted like butter. With the tranny rebuilt now with the TCI auto kit i'm going to see how it performs as well
Old 07-21-2005

Originally Posted by eye_see_you
from experience I drained and put in red line in my auto after boosting and it shifted like butter. With the tranny rebuilt now with the TCI auto kit i'm going to see how it performs as well
wierd, people with auto's have terrible luck with it. If it starts shifting shitty, switch back.

This is not Honda brand, BTW people. Just the redline stuff that you can buy from Honda. They recommended it for my boosted car. The guy uses it in his swapped k20 hatch, and boosted crx, with good luck on both tranny's.

My car is driving nice right now though, I love my new clutch. I may switch it sometime and see how well it does. maybe in 10 or 20,000 miles.
Old 07-26-2005
Registered!!

Honda_trilogy is an unknown quantity at this point
I just put this stuff in the accord this past weekend. I'll put it in the civic next. The **** is expensive! But well worth it if it adds milage to the tranny.
Old 08-02-2005
Registered!!

ctx66 will become famous soon enoughctx66 will become famous soon enough
ive been using redline tranny fluid since 10k and now have 57k. everythings fine w/ my car. what extra stuff does honda fluid have to keep the synchros happy, which redline doesnt?