Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

(Newbie) Hanging Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dA fLipZsTayALz is an unknown quantity at this point
(Newbie) Hanging Exhaust?

Heyz everyone,

1st ever post here and it's due to my 1st ever Civic. 2nd car I've come to own since turning 18 not too long ago. I basically totalled my 1979 Monte Carlo then I had to get another ride and found this used 2001 Honda Civic LX at a dealer and I just had to have it.

I bought it off the lot complete with the body kit, aftermarket headlights/taillights, 16's in the front with 17's in the back with Pirelli tires. Even with it's mileage at 89,800, it was still the cleanest car I could find with the least amount of problems for the price I was looking for.

Now here's the lowdown, I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CARS, yet, and I need a whole lot of advice from you guys to keep this baby running smoothly. The only problem I've had so far with it is the Ball Joint coming loose, but that only happened when I brought the car in for the dealer promised wheel alignment a week after driving the car out of the dealer lot.

Anywayz, sorry for the long *** intro so let's move on to my question. Take a look at these pictures for a quick minute...

...yeah, so uhh.. that thing's been hanging down from the car and it's been scraping everytime I run through some speed bumps and such. I'm guessing it's been like that ever since I got the car from the dealer, but never really noticed it. I can't go back to them and have it fixed because the car was "As Is" (I had to pay for the Ball Joint repair earlier). I was just wondering if I could raise that up myself or not. If so, how?

Thank you guys so much for taking the time to read this and hopefully replying with helpful solutions and uhh please remember that I don't know sheeiiittt about cars, thanks, lol.
Old 07-29-2005
Registered!!

thoughthard is an unknown quantity at this point
You might be able to loosen all the joint nuts and bolts, raise it up, and then tighten them. In some magazine, I seen where they installed a catback muffler, but it hung too low in the back. They loosened some of the joint nuts and bolts, raised it up, tighten them, but then it hit the rear valence. With a few more attempts, they had it perfect.

Something does look wrong since the midpipe appears to slope down and then slope up
Old 07-29-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
first thing is never buy a car unless it comes with a warranty. You basically took a risk on buying that car. If it was sold as is, there could be millions of problems with the car. It could be burning oil and you havent noticed it yet. It could have a tranny about to fail, who knows.

But for the exhaust, it looks a bit bent. It does sit down low under the car, but in the middle looks bent. You might just go look at another civic or buy a new mid section.
Old 07-29-2005
Banned

MiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to all
sorry to be OT, but bigger rims in the back and smaller in the front on a FWD car, why?
Old 08-02-2005
Registered!!

White05EXSE is an unknown quantity at this point
nice lookin car man, i'd switch the headlights. As for the staggered wheels, oh well, it's different. I like the wheels. Dude, I'd just buy a catback exhaust system and rip that old, bent motherf*cker off.