Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/140-fuel-oil-cleaners-other-maintenance)
-   -   Anybody ever use the Honda Performance Tranny Fluid? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/140-fuel-oil-cleaners-other-maintenance/217986-anybody-ever-use-honda-performance-tranny-fluid.html)

2K1Civic17"Gabe 06-27-2005 03:36 PM

Anybody ever use the Honda Performance Tranny Fluid?

I think its Redline, but Honda sells it. Its the only other replacement you should use safely. They told me to use it, but I didnt have all the cash in the right account. Im just wondering if anybody is using it, and if it makes a difference. The guy said it helps the tranny to run a lot cooler, and he uses it in his K20 hatch, and B18 crx. So I was just wondering if anybody had used it, and if I should switch to it? I have a 01 LX manual turbo coupe.

Peace

jttegx 06-28-2005 02:53 AM

never heard of this one.. got any links or more details?

im curious to know as well. do they have it for honda auto tranny fluid as well?

gearbox 06-28-2005 08:08 AM

if it doesn't SAY honda atf on the bottle, its not going in my 01+ civic tranny.

2K1Civic17"Gabe 06-30-2005 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by gearbox
if it doesn't SAY honda atf on the bottle, its not going in my 01+ civic tranny.

Thats fine for you, I wouldnt either. EXCEPT this product. All Hondas wouldnt sell it if it wasnt good for our car. Its about 6 bucks more a quart. The guy recommended it to me for my civic, he has 2 hondas, both nice/fast. He knew more than anybody else ever has at a honda dealer. And I figured since honda sells it as the only replacement, its probably pretty good shit.

Ill see if I can find a link for it.

Here is a thread on another forum

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/arch.../t-176994.html

gearbox 06-30-2005 05:44 PM

Oh okay I was talking for auto trans that I would never use it. Manual use could use just about anything. I gathered from the post that its just redline brand oil.

2K1Civic17"Gabe 07-01-2005 05:38 PM

Yeah, it seems that a lot of people have not had good luck with auto trannys. People with manuals seem to have good experiences with it. I may try it out soon.

dj02 07-01-2005 05:44 PM

makes shifting for me alot easyer.

Boilermaker1 07-01-2005 06:27 PM

Now, is this H-G branded as performance transmission fluid? Or is it just redline that the dealer sells? There is kind of a difference... The honda stuff has a couple extra things in it to keep the synchros happy and I don't think anyone else has found another one that has them. The honda stuff is so cheap (isn't it like $3.99 a quart) and you only need 2 bottles that you may as well just change it every 10K and call it a day.

eye_see_you 07-03-2005 10:24 AM

from experience I drained and put in red line in my auto after boosting and it shifted like butter. With the tranny rebuilt now with the TCI auto kit i'm going to see how it performs as well

2K1Civic17"Gabe 07-21-2005 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by eye_see_you
from experience I drained and put in red line in my auto after boosting and it shifted like butter. With the tranny rebuilt now with the TCI auto kit i'm going to see how it performs as well

wierd, people with auto's have terrible luck with it. If it starts shifting shitty, switch back.

This is not Honda brand, BTW people. Just the redline stuff that you can buy from Honda. They recommended it for my boosted car. The guy uses it in his swapped k20 hatch, and boosted crx, with good luck on both tranny's.

My car is driving nice right now though, I love my new clutch. I may switch it sometime and see how well it does. maybe in 10 or 20,000 miles.

Honda_trilogy 07-26-2005 01:16 PM

I just put this stuff in the accord this past weekend. I'll put it in the civic next. The shit is expensive! But well worth it if it adds milage to the tranny.

ctx66 08-02-2005 09:35 AM

ive been using redline tranny fluid since 10k and now have 57k. everythings fine w/ my car. what extra stuff does honda fluid have to keep the synchros happy, which redline doesnt?