Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Fuel Sending Unit/sender...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zzsupermanzz15 is on a distinguished road
Fuel Sending Unit/sender...

i don't know whats the exact name for it..but i know its for ur fuel gauge...anyone had ever had a problem with it before? my fuel gauge is so inconsistant...< brought my 04 to get it fix at the dealership.. right now
Old 04-19-2005
Ultimate Member

teampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant future
wow, welcome to owning a 7thgen... they all suck. the dealership won't be able to do much for this...
Old 04-19-2005
Registered!!

aaha..well im getting in the low 20's mpg..gay..what u mean the dealership wont be able to do too much for it?

well my friend owns a g35 hes bringing it to he's dealership to get his fix/replace..

why do all 7thgen have this problem? =( i want 30's mpg DAMNIIT! ahaa
Old 04-19-2005
Ultimate Member

teampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant future
ah, i thought you were only talking about it showing an inaccurate reading for the level of fuel in your tank... thats a common issue with 7thgens...

sounds like there's some other issue going on if you're only getting 20mpg... what mods do you have and what have you done to your car yourself? (ie. plugs, plus wires, air filter, DIY throttle cable tightening...)

also, you may want to post this in 7thgen issues/problems or tech stuff so more people see it and can respond.
Old 04-19-2005
Registered!!

uhhm mods...muffler with 2.25 piping to the cat....2 subs in the trunk...I change oil by myself...air filter ..wire pressure are good..so i dunoo
Old 05-08-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Well if the fuel gauge is inaccurate, the dealer will replace the fuel sender under warranty. That fixed mine. For low mileage, I usually get around 20mpg too. Sometimes as low as 15 in the city. You can't really tell if something's wrong unless you try a highway run. On my long trips I've gotten as much as 38mpg with 99% highway miles at 65mph.