Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

autox suspension for ep3

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skunk2ner is an unknown quantity at this point
autox suspension for ep3

i now have a new ep3 and i plan on auto-x it. first as stock, but i'd like to upgrade the suspension eventually.
do you all recommend ground controls for the ep3 matched with koni yellows? thats the setup i was going to use on my EM2 before i traded her in.
i know GC made a setup for the use with konis, i don't see the same offered for the ep3 at the same shops, do they come available like that?
thanks for all your help guys.
Old 08-07-2005
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
i don't see why you can't do the gcs and konis.

If you are going to race stock, then stick with the konis first and get a nice cat back exhaust. You move to STS, then start getting other parts. I would suggest wheels and tires, but if you don't plan on staying in stock,then there is no point in getting stock sized wheels.
Old 08-07-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by robbclark1
i don't see why you can't do the gcs and konis.

If you are going to race stock, then stick with the konis first and get a nice cat back exhaust. You move to STS, then start getting other parts. I would suggest wheels and tires, but if you don't plan on staying in stock,then there is no point in getting stock sized wheels.
i was just going to race stock at first to see how the car handles as it is and upgrade from there.
i read somewhere that 17" rims are the perfect size for racing, allowing for the right amount of tire flex. but 15" rims would be lighter and allow better acceloration. it's a tough call. i suppose in auto-x, acceloration out of corners is more important than high speed tire flex.

the GCs is see listed on the website just say "honda with koni shocks" not being specific as to which honda... i'm looking for GCs for koni yellows that are designed for the EP3.
Old 08-07-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Race on 15s, tires are cheaper and the sidewalls are about the same size. The GC kit for all the civics is the same, you just need to order the sleeves that fit the diameter of the shocks you have (year dependent). There's no reason not to use koni/GCs again. Race it stock, see what happens. You'll probably find that the shocks must go first, then play with the sway bars afterwards.
Something you should know is that the Hondata reflash IS, I repeat, IS legal in STS. (Do it last, make yourself work for it first) The K-pro IS NOT.
Old 08-07-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Race on 15s, tires are cheaper and the sidewalls are about the same size. The GC kit for all the civics is the same, you just need to order the sleeves that fit the diameter of the shocks you have (year dependent). There's no reason not to use koni/GCs again. Race it stock, see what happens. You'll probably find that the shocks must go first, then play with the sway bars afterwards.
Something you should know is that the Hondata reflash IS, I repeat, IS legal in STS. (Do it last, make yourself work for it first) The K-pro IS NOT.
good info! thanks dude

+rep for you guys
Old 08-31-2005
Stolen digital camera = no ninja picture for me

PoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the rough
I know it is a late post but you should go check out www.corep3.com. The site is a local (Colorado) ep3 forum and a lot of the members run various types of race events. Lot of good info for suspension tuning...