Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

AutoX discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SevenCyrus
How many of you guys do the DIY allignment? Is it reliable? And where u get the tool?

I adjust Toe on my own.. and its as accurate as you can be with a tape measure. (It really depends on you).

I use a set of jack stands, some Fishing line and some weights. You make a box around the car, and then measure....

Theres a DIY about it some where around here.
Old 07-18-2005
Se7enCyrus Racing/Motorsports

SevenCyrus will become famous soon enoughSevenCyrus will become famous soon enough
I think im just going to go to a shop. Whats the ideal best specs? For everything, camber, toe, etc
Old 07-18-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
^^ I can give you a base line.... but alignments are really dependant on how the rest of the car is setup...

Heres a bit of alignment theory and how it affects handling..

http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/align.html
Old 07-18-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Start at -1.5F/-1 R, 0 toe all around, see what happens, adjust from there. There's no such thing as ideal you need to play.