Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

AutoX discussion

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
I'll be going soon as I get the rest of my stuff put on.
Old 06-17-2005
Registered!!

P40vic is an unknown quantity at this point
Greg - yeah I'll be at DIA tomorrow, don't know if there's anything we could/would change on the spot but we can talk about it. And there's a guy with a very well prepped RSXS that you should meet, maybe get a ride too.
Old 06-17-2005
Stolen digital camera = no ninja picture for me

PoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the rough
Chris- thanks, and what was the tire pressure that you were recommending I run? I was planning on getting new wheels and tires by this event, but that never happened, so I am stuck with the 17s again.
Old 06-17-2005
Registered!!

P40vic is an unknown quantity at this point
Just a wild guess, but not knowing how your tires behave I'd pump them up to 45, drive to the event, then reset to whatever makes sense just before the run. We'll chalk them & take a look at the wear pattern & sort it out. I'm running 45 in the front with Hankooks and it's about as low as I can get away with.

Cheers-
Old 06-21-2005

PoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the rough
hey chris- I found those falken hanabis for 110 each, and I also found a package deal with tires for 590. I think I will try to get those before the autox school. Let me know if you are going to be able to make it.
Old 06-21-2005
Se7enCyrus Racing/Motorsports

SevenCyrus will become famous soon enoughSevenCyrus will become famous soon enough
package deal with tires for 590
you mean with wheels?
Old 06-21-2005

Originally Posted by SevenCyrus
you mean with wheels?
Yea, the hanabis with tires for under 600. The Hanabis come in 15x7's and only weigh 11 pounds each. I am not too fond of the styling though.
Old 06-21-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Styling!? They are 11LB 15X7's for cheep... who cares what they look like!!
Old 06-21-2005

Originally Posted by Zzyzx
Styling!? They are 11LB 15X7's for cheep... who cares what they look like!!
I care because I live in a condo in downtown Denver and have no room for an extra set of wheels and tires. Therefor my wheels for autox will have to be my everday wheels as well.
Old 06-21-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
woohoo i'm picking up some ls mesh wheels off a friend in a couple weeks to tear up at the auto cross :-)
Old 06-22-2005
PC Tech / Autocrosser

PrecisnTec will become famous soon enoughPrecisnTec will become famous soon enough
Just to clarify something, if you plan on running HS then you can't change your wheels to another size or width unless they match your stock setup (i.e. DX & VP's can't use anything other than a steel 14 x 5.5" wheel to remain legally stock). Some chapters may ignore or excuse this, but at a national event you will be bumped up to STS if you use a size other than stock.
Old 06-22-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
Originally Posted by PrecisnTec
Just to clarify something, if you plan on running HS then you can't change your wheels to another size or width unless they match your stock setup (i.e. DX & VP's can't use anything other than a steel 14 x 5.5" wheel to remain legally stock). Some chapters may ignore or excuse this, but at a national event you will be bumped up to STS if you use a size other than stock.
I already run sts because my car is dropped and I have an exaust
Old 06-22-2005

SevenCyrus will become famous soon enoughSevenCyrus will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PoorCollegeBoy
Yea, the hanabis with tires for under 600. The Hanabis come in 15x7's and only weigh 11 pounds each. I am not too fond of the styling though.

You mind telling me where to find this deal!? lol i was about to spend 900 for K-1s and azenies. What tires do they come with? And are the wheels any good? Never really heard anything about Falken wheels, hope they dont bend like butter.

Last edited by SevenCyrus; 06-22-2005 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-23-2005

I dont know if I can link you right to the results, but - http://www.edgeracing.com/2003/Honda/Civic/wheels/15/

If that doesnt work just search bundle deals for our car.
Old 06-23-2005

damn, their sold out. They come with Falken Ziex Ze 512. Stuck in a situation now, should i spend 900 for K-1s with azenies, or this package?
Old 06-23-2005
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
do k-1 and azenies dont go cheap
Old 06-23-2005

I got K-1s with Ziex ZE-512 225/60R-15 96H B. No azenies for me , next set will be though.
Old 07-18-2005
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
A lil off topic, but I dorve a Mazda 3 this weekend It was a nice little car. Are there many of those in Auto X?
Old 07-18-2005
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
I traded my '03 EX in for a Mazda3, handling wise its a good bit tighter, but it seems a bit heavier than the Vic, and it shows during cornering.

The 3 is in GS though, whereas the Civic (well, every trim but the Si) remains in HS, so you're not likely to run into one, at least running in those classes
Old 07-18-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
THe Mazda 3 is an update of the Protege, which has allways been a pretty decent car for autocross... dont see them around here that much, Should do well locally... but there are better G-Stock cars out there, so I dont think you'll see many at nationals.
Old 07-18-2005

GS is a class for more pwoerful cars then cars in H stock?

The revs stay lower at the same speed and gears then my vic.

Originally Posted by dre2600
I traded my '03 EX in for a Mazda3, handling wise its a good bit tighter, but it seems a bit heavier than the Vic, and it shows during cornering.

The 3 is in GS though, whereas the Civic (well, every trim but the Si) remains in HS, so you're not likely to run into one, at least running in those classes

Why did you decide to get trade for the Mazda 3?
Old 07-18-2005

The stock levels go up in the alphabet up to "Super Stock" where there are corvettes and vipers.

I personally havent seen any mazda3s yet this summer season. Besides Miatas the only Mazda I have seen was a Protege5
Old 07-18-2005

Someone over @ Clubrsx mentioned this.

Originally Posted by rudyr
Even if they did, it doesn't matter. The 2003, open differential, 215HP SRT-4 is in D Stock. As it currently stands, any boost upgrade immediately puts a car into SM. When it comes to auto-x performance, which awards handling over anything else, the Celica, Cobalt, Type-R and SRT-4 are all in one group, while the RSX-S is 3 classes behind. People can post about their perception of things, but I still stand behind an organized racing body that evaluates large sets of result data to classify new cars and reclassify old ones.

Why is the RSX-S in a slower class?
Old 07-18-2005
Autocross Junky

Heavy and has a front suspension issue... Just like us.

Right now the Best D-Stock cars are Integra R's and BMW 330's. Evey thing else pretty much gets eaten up. (at the national Level at least)
Old 07-18-2005

Heavy and has a front suspension issue... Just like us.
What's the front suspension issue?
Old 07-18-2005
Autocross Junky

Struts... And the lack of camber gain you get when they compress. The old Double wish bone setup was much better, especially in stock form.
Old 07-18-2005

Struts... And the lack of camber gain you get when they compress. The old Double wish bone setup was much better, especially in stock form.
Yea, there is a stock 99 ex that runs much better times than my fairly modded 03 ex. Could be a driver difference too...
Old 07-18-2005

So toyota has a better front strut set-up or the celica gets away with this shortcoming because of its light weight?
Old 07-18-2005

How many of you guys do the DIY allignment? Is it reliable? And where u get the tool?
Old 07-18-2005
Autocross Junky

Originally Posted by nindoo
So toyota has a better front strut set-up or the celica gets away with this shortcoming because of its light weight?

the Celica GTS is MUCH lighter then the RSX-S, by some where around 200+ LBS. 2500 Vs 2700... But they have a similar problem too. Once you start to modify the cars, you can over come the struts short comings.

Quick Reply: AutoX discussion