Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

Winter sucks

Old 12-21-2003
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Winter sucks

and its not because its cold.... its because there isn't any autocross!!!!!!!!!!

Im seriously hveing withdrawals........ MUST RACE...
its so bad I'm sitting here watching my old autocross videos.....

MUST RACE... Cant wait till the end of january for the national event.... mUST find curves, corners, chikanes, roundabouts, any thing that might squeal the tires....

any one else feel like this?
Old 12-21-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Snow+Salt+Cold weather > no autox
I do hate winter too. Washing car with hat and gloves on during winter sucks more. Freazing below 10 degrees weather
Old 12-22-2003
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
^^^ lol at him. See, I live in chicago and I wash my car year round in a heated garage. sounds nice doesn't it?

It can be like 15 below and I'm shorts and a t-shirt in my garage, cleaning away religiously..
Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
ZZyzx is in Las Vegas. I dont think there is snow there. If you want to autocross year round, come to Louisiana. No snow, or atleast quite a few years in between each time. Last time it snowed here was 1991 and before that was 1984. I cant remember before that because I was born 1983 and moved here 1984.
Old 12-22-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
snow? whats this snow thing you guys keep talking about....?

seriously though, it gets cold here in Vegas durring the winter... Like mid 20s at night. so the only reason it doesnt snow here is because we dont get enough precipitation.

I wanna go race...
Old 12-22-2003
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
**** man, our season ended the beginning of November and doesn't open again until March or April. You get a few more runs in that us!
Old 12-22-2003
Autocross Junky

true, we run Feb-Nov (Ushually 2 events per month, with 8-12 runs per event)... December and january are our "Off season" but thats just so you can do mantinance on the cars...
Old 12-22-2003
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
lucky! we get a total of 7-8 SCCA runs, and a bunch of smaller runs. I need to move someplace warm!