Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

Auto X questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
konstanting is an unknown quantity at this point
Auto X questions

hello, i hope this is an ok forum to post this is...

in the area i go to school there isnt a whole lot of autoX going on, but i was thinking about trying to set some things up.
it seems to me that often parking lots are used for this, but how does one go about that. do you go to the people owning the lot, asking for persmission or how does all that work??

and are there special rules for settings up the cones :-D

maybe some of the autoX experts can help me out a little bit, would be nice.
thanks - KG
Old 10-12-2003
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
I think they ahve to pay for it. They usually have to have the backing of a large local sanctioned club or the SCCA. If you can get that then you can ask the owners of the lot if you can use it for that purpose.
Old 10-12-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
You usually can't just show up and have an autox... that tends to get the cops called on you. It needs to be somehow sanctioned and you're gonna need some kind of insurance and/or waiver.
Yes there are "rules" for course design... I don't know all of them, but no one likes a smart *** course designer. You need to make something thats drivable and challenging, but can't be throwing very decreasing radius turns in, and off camber stuff, etc... that can cause noobs serious problems. Search the local SCCA, NASA, BMWCCA, Porsche Club of America, Mustang Club, Corvette Club... etc.. someone has to run autocrosses, and usually you can run anything.
Old 10-14-2003
Registered!!

konstanting is an unknown quantity at this point
what is a site again to find out about some autoX places?