Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Glove Box Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kennykenny is an unknown quantity at this point
Glove Box Light

Is there a glove box light on a 2005 Honda Civic LX? I don't have one working now and didn't realize whether it is supposed to have one or not.
Old 04-11-2016
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Glove Box Light

No, I do not believe there is. Not on 2003 EX at least. The easiest way to know is to look and feel for a bulb!
Old 04-11-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

definitely isn't one. Only major changes between years had to do with the facelift/rear bumper, rear tail lights, and and the DS O2 sensor (between 03 and 04), and some center console and instrument cluster redesigning (between 02 and 03, IIRC). You can make one, though, using an LED strip and a NC momentary switch
Old 04-11-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

not a helpful DIY article, rather a question, so moved out of DIY section
Old 04-11-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

here's a quick circuit schematic (yes, it's really this simple)

Just position the momentary switch such that the glove box door pushes the momentary switch, opening the circuit. This is, more-or-less, the circuitry behind the "door" setting on your map lights, except no resistor, since incandescent bulbs don't require them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	1022
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	88696