Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Aftermarket projector headlights vs projector retrofit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anbu7elite is an unknown quantity at this point
Aftermarket projector headlights vs projector retrofit?

I have a 05 honda civic coupe and I've been looking for some new headlights to use with my 55w 5000k HIDs. My current headlights look very old and foggy and since I bought new HIDs, I heard that I should get projectors, so that I won't blind incoming traffic. So I've done some research and I figured the Spec-DŽ - Black Halo Projector Headlights or Spec-DŽ - Black Projector Headlights with R8 Style LEDs would look very nice. However, I heard that this brand really sucks and that most aftermarket headlights are crap because something about putting HIDs in there would melt stuff or something? Is that really true?
So, some people said doing a retrofit with the stock headlights would be better with something like this? BI-XENON: MORIMOTO MINI H1 6.0 or this BI-XENON: MORIMOTO MINI D2S 3.0
Would HIDs cause melting problems or anything with these?

Also another point, the reason why I wanted brand new headlights were because of the Halos, if i do indeed retrofit with the Morimotos, how would I put some halos in the stock headlight?
Old 01-18-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Aftermarket projector headlights vs projector retrofit?

moved your thread to the lightning section

now that you are on the right section, read the stickies on top of this section - lots of information.

also, the aftermarket "whole" headlight replacement projectors have the biggest issue on the lenses that are not well made. Mine amzo's suck at light output too.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 01-18-2015 at 07:37 AM.
Old 01-18-2015
Registered!!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Erf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of light

You install the angel eyes rings using very thin artistic wire .0032ga i believe, cut holes around the projector shroud and feed the wire through the shroud holes wrap them around the rings and it is barely noticable make sure u tie the rings down tight using good knots so vibrations dont do anythinng. Glue is bad.
Old 01-18-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Best option is to buy projectors and retrofit your oe headlights. Restore the lenses to make them look new.

Poopies added halo's. I think he made a diy.