Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Aiming 2004 sedan stock headlights (Left/Right)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bfern002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Aiming 2004 sedan stock headlights (Left/Right)

so I've searched throughout all of these forums (and some outside ones as well), and i can't seem to find ANYTHING regarding how to aim 2004 sedan stock headlights left and right.

i understand that the coupe can't adjust left/right, but since mine is sedan, i figured i'd be able to locate the adjustment mechanism close to the up/down mechanism. Problem is, i simply CANNOT FIND IT FOR MY LIFE!

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated, since I've just about had it with my skewed headlights
Old 11-08-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aiming 2004 sedan stock headlights (Left/Right)

they technically should never need to be adjusted left and right unless car was in an accident. the adjustment is way down at the bottom of the light housing and has a plastic cap over it that is somewhat difficult to pry off. you may need to remove the headlamp to take off the cap, and even then im not sure how easy it is to even reach the gear when the lights are installed. possibly with a really long screwdriver. in the pic you can see the main up/down adjuster with the arrows, and the white cap over the left/right adjuster is way off on the right side near the edge of the pic.

Old 11-09-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bfern002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Aiming 2004 sedan stock headlights (Left/Right)

Originally Posted by gearbox
they technically should never need to be adjusted left and right unless car was in an accident. the adjustment is way down at the bottom of the light housing and has a plastic cap over it that is somewhat difficult to pry off. you may need to remove the headlamp to take off the cap, and even then im not sure how easy it is to even reach the gear when the lights are installed. possibly with a really long screwdriver. in the pic you can see the main up/down adjuster with the arrows, and the white cap over the left/right adjuster is way off on the right side near the edge of the pic.

thanks a lot for the pic and description! I've seen the pic before, but didn't realize the left/right adjustment was that white cap on the right (terrible place for adjustment *****...).

for some reason, both of my headlights are skewed to the passenger side of the car, so i wanted to center them accordingly. Will try to access them tomorrow.

thanks again!