Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Front Turn Signal Bulb Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
20ex02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Front Turn Signal Bulb Question

Hi, first time post, but have been reading up on these boards from time to time.

I think my front right turn signal bulb is burnt because the the right tail signal flashes faster while the front doesn't light up. However whenever I have DRL on, or hazard lights on, the orange light seems to be fine; it is only an issue when I signal right.

I went to Part Source to replace the bulbs with 7443's. Now that I've been searching threads on turn signals, it seems that 7443's are for the tail lights, as the bulbs are clear and not orange.

Also, trying to get into the headlights itself is still a mystery to me. I have read that you have to go under the fender well and pull of a plastic piece that is prone to breaking. I have seen the plastic piece and do not want to pull it off until I get some reassurance on how to do so.
Old 12-27-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: Front Turn Signal Bulb Question

Take off the wheel. Take off the inner fender. It's plastic and held in by plastic body pins and a screw. Note: When I'm gonna take off those body pins I go buy a box or 2 at the autoparts store as you always break some. Should be able to access the bulbs just fine after that.
Old 12-27-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

You don't gotta take the wheel off, just turn the wheel all the way to the opposite side (i.e. if you wanna access the driver side bulb, turn all the way to the passenger side).

It should tell you that in the owner's manual, if you have one.
Old 12-27-2010
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
You don't gotta take the wheel off, just turn the wheel all the way to the opposite side (i.e. if you wanna access the driver side bulb, turn all the way to the passenger side).

True. I sometimes forget not everyone has air tools. lol.
Old 12-27-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx

That's the thing. I bought my car used and for some reason didn't come with an owner's manual.

Also, for the plastic part, do you put a flat head screwdriver in between the the plastic and slowly pull it off all around?
Old 12-27-2010
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

There are 1 or 2 pins that are holding the cover in place they must come out first.

The front bulb should be a 7443 (dual filament) but iirc it would need to be a 7443A bulb ( A for Amber )

^^^ Wrong info... I was thinking about my 05 & did not realize earlier models use clear bulbs. And according to the Sylvania bulb application site the 04-05s use an 1157A for front marker/turn signal.

Last edited by CraigW; 12-28-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-27-2010
Registered!!

Thanks to all of 7th gen. for supplying the information on how to replace these hard to reach suckers. I replaced it without any problems, and as for the 7443's, the burnt out one is a clear bulb and so is the new one.
Old 12-27-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

look for the Si (US) or SiR's (canada) bulbs in the honda dealer to get amber ones. these cars have clear lenses in front
Old 12-27-2010
Registered!!

Yeah, I have amber bulbs and clear lenses. Pretty bright when they flash but, not very visible from straight on when my headlights are on.
Old 12-28-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lazlong
Yeah, I have amber bulbs and clear lenses. Pretty bright when they flash but, not very visible from straight on when my headlights are on.
forgot to comment on that.
I keep having people trying to enter from side roads and almost hitting me when i am turning left...
Old 12-28-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

01-03 turn signal housing is pretty weak. the reflector is too small and even with upgrade bulb its not very noticable.
Old 12-29-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

wax the housing?
The amzo's are not much better than the stockies either, it seems from the other drivers'...
Old 01-16-2012
Registered!!

chuntera is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lazlong
Take off the wheel. Take off the inner fender. It's plastic and held in by plastic body pins and a screw. Note: When I'm gonna take off those body pins I go buy a box or 2 at the autoparts store as you always break some. Should be able to access the bulbs just fine after that.
I need to remove the inner fender to change a light bulb ?

I was hoping this would be a simple job. At least those little fender clips are cheap.
Old 01-18-2012
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if you take off the corner bumper screw and a couple fender clips, you can partially pull the side bumper out and some of the fender liner enough to stick your hand in.