Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

need help installing ebay fogs

Old 03-04-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mkkuntz8 is an unknown quantity at this point
need help installing ebay fogs

My fogs just came in today so i decided to try and wire them up. After following Civic_Racer9's diy (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ay-button.html) i thought i had everything set but they wouldnt turn on. I fixed that problem because the one 4-connector harness connected to the fuse box had the 1 wire and it wasnt actually touching any of the prongs. After tht was fixed, i connected everything up but only the left fog light will turn on. this is after like 3 hours trying to set everything up and its quite frustrating. anyone have any ideas on why the one light wont turn on? i checked the grounds and everything so idk what to do. Thanks for anyone who can help me out

Here are pics of how i have it connected let me know if anything is wrong

Edit: this is for an 02 civic ex

Last edited by mkkuntz8; 03-04-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-04-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: need help installing ebay fogs

got your pm, sorry i cant be of any help. those and the oem fogs are needlessly complicated and many of the ebay fogs come with several different harnesses. if you want to throw away the one it comes with and make your own (which will be higher quality anyway), i can post a diagram. but if only one light is turning on, it prolly has a bad ground. have you checked for power at the bulb connector that isnt working? if there is 12v in one wire, then its prolly a bad ground somewhere in the harness.
Old 03-05-2010
Registered!!

ok thanks. ill try again today and switch the 2 bulbs just to see if maybe its the bulb or not. yea if u can post that diagram ill probably end up making my own but i may need some help explaining it cause im not good at wiring stuff at all

also would you know how to move the wire in the 1st pic over to the right so it makes contact with the pins? i doesnt seem like it will just pull out

Last edited by mkkuntz8; 03-05-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-05-2010
Registered!!

nevermind i figured out the problem. the one ground wasnt connected to a good spot on the chassis so i finally got everything done. Heres of pic of the final results.

Old 03-06-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Sweet, problem fixed!
Old 03-06-2010
Registered!!

89CRX is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice lights man congrats on the troubleshooting.
Old 04-29-2010
Registered!!

gatrhumpy is an unknown quantity at this point

If I wanted to forgo the switch and have the foglights on every time the lights are on, which wires would I connect together to do this?
Old 04-29-2010
Registered!!

i did something like this. I didn't have any room for the switch cause i have an EX so i just keep the switch on and put in behind where the cigarette lighter is. They just go on whenever i turn on my parking lights or headlights
Old 05-31-2010
Registered!!

bdubk20 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did same, I wired my power wires into parking lights, so switch lights up when parking lights are on and then I still push in the switch to turn fogs on, that way when I turn lights off if I forget to push out switch it doesn't pull power....fogs look good though, I am running same kit on my EX