Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

What Is The Name Of This Part?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all
What Is The Name Of This Part?

I need to know the name of this part of the hid kit because mines got wett and I need a new one, thanks....
Old 03-04-2007
Registered!!

mackin is an unknown quantity at this point
ballast
Old 03-07-2007
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
Yeah it's the ballast. There's a member on here that's selling like 40 pairs of ballasts only for like 50 bux each pair. Go to the for sale forum. I don't remember what his name was but you may wanna start off there. Prolly be cheaper for ya.
Old 03-07-2007

IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all
So I can use any ballast for my h4 hids?
Old 03-07-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IrockCivics
So I can use any ballast for my h4 hids?

As far as i know, you need a specific balast for a specific bulb. Therefore, you would need to purchase a ballast that is manufactured to produce electricity at a certian consistency for your bulbs. Most HID kits should include the ballast. If you're building HID system from scratch, then you should be careful of which ballast you purchase , if you already have the bulbs. and vice versa.
Old 03-07-2007

I have this hid set up in my civic but the ballast part was put under the head light so it got wet and never turn on my lights, so I tried the light bulb with the other ballast and it worked so thats how I figured it was the ballast... So my question is do I need this exact same ballast or can I use another one that is h4 and also had the same wattage which is 8000k like the one that messed up. Or should I just or a whole new set of hid's?