Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

wiring for halo lights?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ckarls2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question wiring for halo lights?

There are 2 connections on my dual halo projection headlights one is for the headlight bulb that plugs into the existing socket, the other is a black and red wire that has no connection that i think is for the halo's, where should I hook these wires to when i install them? And are they illegal to drive with on? I could take pics if needed.
Old 12-07-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i had mine hooked up so they come on with parking lights and turn off when headlights are used. i got tired of it and left it unhooked.. but this works for 01-03 civics in usa.

Old 12-09-2006
Registered!!

ckarls2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks, it works great now, do i need to close thread after my question is answered?
Old 12-18-2006
Go Team Venture!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
nah leave it... ive been looking for that friggin diagram for like ... i dunno... a year... its never around when i want it and i dont feel like asking...
Old 01-12-2007
Registered!!

bcdjr100 is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope no one gets mad for me bringing this thread back, however, Gearbox how would it be different having the halo's on when my headlights are on as well? My guess would be hook the black wire up into the low beam instead of the parking lights?

But to me that sounds like the halo's would only go on when my headlights are on, I want me halo's one WHENEVER my parkers/low/high beams are on if thats possible, if not, if I could get it to where my halo's are on with my parkers and low beams that would be sweet. thanks man

I'm getting ready to hook mine up as soon as the weather gets warmer...

Last edited by bcdjr100; 01-12-2007 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2007
Registered!!

yingjai is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont know if im asking the same question as bcdjr100, but i'd like to have my halo ring always on with drl/lb/hb.. i dont see a safety hazard in a small blue ring around the headlights
Old 01-18-2007
Registered!!

dis3eronnie is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't know if this will help but i have those dual halo projector of ebay and the way i have mines setup was to tap the black and red wire into the parkling light wire itself. similar to the diagram gearbox have but instead of the black wire going into the fuses it just goes into the same black wire from the parking light. basically when i turn my headlights on either to just park or full my halos stay on until i turn off my light. hope that helps a bit
Old 01-18-2007
Registered!!

so it's not possible to have them always on even with daytime running lights? i only want it off when my car is off. does running them thru the parking lights make the halo blink when ur signaling?
Old 01-18-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
no, running them off parking wont make them blink. thats a separate wire. you can wire them to a 12v source that only comes on when the car is on, like ignition, 12v socket, etc and they will stay on whenever the car is running.
Old 01-18-2007
Premium Member

no, running them off parking wont make them blink. thats a separate wire. you can wire them to a 12v source that only comes on when the car is on, like ignition, 12v socket, etc and they will stay on whenever the car is running.
Old 01-18-2007
Premium Member

Old 01-18-2007
Registered!!

no it doesnt, the signal bulb has its own wires and with what you want to do im pretty sure there is a way to do them, possibliy running it to a swtich from insde the car like fogs light??? But i think u wouldnt be able to see two blue, white, or even yellow rings durning the day. the output of these halo bulb that come standard with these projector are very weak. there are some guides out there that show how to change the bulb so it can be brighter, seen it a while back ago might still be around.
Old 01-18-2007
Registered!!

no it doesnt, the signal bulb has its own wires and with what you want to do im pretty sure there is a way to do them, possibliy running it to a swtich from insde the car like fogs light??? But i think u wouldnt be able to see two blue, white, or even yellow rings durning the day. the output of these halo bulb that come standard with these projector are very weak. there are some guides out there that show how to change the bulb so it can be brighter, seen it a while back ago might still be around.
Old 01-18-2007
Registered!!

Old 01-18-2007
Registered!!

mine came with super white bulbs or somethin.. forgot what they were called. it's definately brighter than oem nonprojectors
Old 01-18-2007
Premium Member

i could barely see my halo unless it was completely dark. i ended up just disconnecting em
Old 01-21-2007
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by yingjai
so it's not possible to have them always on even with daytime running lights? i only want it off when my car is off. does running them thru the parking lights make the halo blink when ur signaling?
One thing that you could actually do would be to run them through a constant powersource and mount a switch inside the cab. This way you could have them on no matter what. And no, you would have to connect them to your turn signals in order to have them flash when you signal. Not that hard to do.
Old 01-21-2007
Registered!!

i wired them to my park light instead and i'm happy with that. looks great at night when i turn my alarm on lol.

it's not that hard to see my halo in daytime. i have the clear housing. gearbox do you have the black housing?
Old 01-21-2007
Premium Member

ya black housing with custom white leds i put. just not bright enough, and it looks funny.
Old 01-21-2007
Registered!!

white led and white headlamps will just blend together lol

Last edited by yingjai; 01-22-2007 at 02:42 AM.