Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Do you like your TYC projectors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light
Do you like your TYC projectors?

To ppl who have TYC projectors, how do you like your TYC's in terms of light output compared to OEM headlights?

I want to get a set but I wasnt so sure about the quality, I want the light output to be at least at same level as OEM lights.
Old 11-08-2006
Registered!!

tnel2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
they are probably not going to be as good as oem output.......but i love mine......i changed the bulbs and am fine with the out put......i have ralley red and with black tyc's and black grill it looks tight !
Old 11-08-2006
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
yea i was thinking about some TYCs too........pixs!

and i was thinking about painting my car red =]
Old 11-08-2006
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
I have aftermarket headlights for sale. PM if interested. It is retrofitted with Audi projectors with Blue halo resealed!

Quick picture

Old 11-08-2006
Registered!!

ill post some pics tomorrow~
Old 11-09-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i had tyc, but i didnt like the design so i went with the sonar halos. but to me, the tyc projector lens is actually very good. the cutoff is pretty clean, has a nice thick blue color, and to me it was much brighter than oem because there were hotspots in front and on both sides which lit up the road better. also the light is visible directly from the bumper forward (no gap like oem). just make sure you aim them, and it doesnt hurt to get a good H1 +50 bulb like osram silverstar or philips VP.

Old 11-09-2006
Registered!!

well said ^^^^
Old 11-09-2006
Registered!!

MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by gearbox
i had tyc, but i didnt like the design so i went with the sonar halos. but to me, the tyc projector lens is actually very good. the cutoff is pretty clean, has a nice thick blue color, and to me it was much brighter than oem because there were hotspots in front and on both sides which lit up the road better. also the light is visible directly from the bumper forward (no gap like oem). just make sure you aim them, and it doesnt hurt to get a good H1 +50 bulb like osram silverstar or philips VP.

thats not too bad, thats not with HID's is it?
Old 11-09-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
oh no lolz just clear H1 halogen bulbs. much brighter than stock on the ground just not as evenly spread. i could see the sides of the road when it rained which is really good.
Old 11-09-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 7thGenerasianCivic
I have aftermarket headlights for sale. PM if interested. It is retrofitted with Audi projectors with Blue halo resealed!

Quick picture

been there done that, those headlights just totally suck!
Old 11-09-2006
Registered!!

oh no lolz just clear H1 halogen bulbs. much brighter than stock on the ground just not as evenly spread. i could see the sides of the road when it rained which is really good.
awesome did you order yours offebay? I heard tyc recently upgraded the lenses on these headlights, do you have the newer ones?
Old 11-09-2006
Premium Member

hmm not sure, i bought em earlier this year and then upgraded to sonar w/hid. not aware they had different versions or what the diff is.
Old 11-11-2006
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
do you guys know if these headlights are better than TYCs?

Old 11-11-2006
Premium Member

no way lol. tyc has the best lens. compare my tyc cutoff with this from a halo projector. there is only yellow color and its very distorted. no i didnt shake the camera. terrible projector

Old 11-11-2006
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
Originally Posted by MrXclusivE
been there done that, those headlights just totally suck!
with Audi retro fit?
Old 11-11-2006
Premium Member

maybe he missed thatpart. dude that should be easy to sell on ebay or maybe even hidplanet? those are in pretty high demand i thought
Old 11-11-2006
Bone Stock!

no way lol. tyc has the best lens. compare my tyc cutoff with this from a halo projector. there is only yellow color and its very distorted. no i didnt shake the camera. terrible projector

but hey, this one has a sharper cutoff
Old 11-11-2006
Premium Member

maybe the sides, look how blurry it is in the middle, and this is also closer to the wall, much closer. from far away it would be like a reflector.
Old 11-11-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 7thGenerasianCivic
with Audi retro fit?
ok, if you have a pic of the light output (just like the one gearbox posted) and if they are perfectly sealed I'll consider buying them.
Old 11-11-2006
Bone Stock!

maybe the sides, look how blurry it is in the middle, and this is also closer to the wall, much closer. from far away it would be like a reflector.
does this one have the W light pattern like the tyc?

what do you mean by like a reflector?
Old 11-11-2006
I Love Lamp

Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada/ Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
burnhard88 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have tyc projectors (black on EBP 02 ex) and i love em... i'm using the PIAA xtreme white 4,000k halogens... looking to upgrade to a 6,500k hid tho... ... the range on my headlights are nice... people always hi beam me because of the halogen lights...
Old 11-12-2006
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
get what i got

Old 11-12-2006
Premium Member

Originally Posted by MrXclusivE
ok, if you have a pic of the light output (just like the one gearbox posted) and if they are perfectly sealed I'll consider buying them.
the valeos will look very similar to my setup like this... and no lights are perfectly sealed, they all have some sort of vent or something, and in the winter they will still fog cause when you use the lights it gets warm inside and then when you turn it off the fog forms. but with a good vented setup the fog usually goes away in an hour. depends where you live too.

Old 11-12-2006
Premium Member

Originally Posted by dalaw
does this one have the W light pattern like the tyc?

what do you mean by like a reflector?
yup all cheap halogen projectors do. theyre pretty much like foglights. reflector meaning it will look like a big blob on the wall not a projector cutoff.
Old 11-12-2006
Registered!!

jay78 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Curiouz_G
get what i got

alright finally ZKW are installed good job... post some output and some wall shots....
Old 11-12-2006
Registered!!

jay78 is on a distinguished road
the valeos will look very similar to my setup like this... and no lights are perfectly sealed, they all have some sort of vent or something, and in the winter they will still fog cause when you use the lights it gets warm inside and then when you turn it off the fog forms. but with a good vented setup the fog usually goes away in an hour. depends where you live too.

mine dont have this problem.....