Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

weird thought while i was driving my car today.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002
End Bringer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
weird thought while i was driving my car today.......

as some of you know, i've brought the TYC black projector headlights for my car, not long ago. today i was driving to sarasota (saw 4 7thgen civic in the process). i was at a stop light admiring the reflection of my car from the car front of me.. and i noticed my beam what comming out white!!!! so i came home and looked at my headlights, i am still using the bulbs tyc provided for the headlights, so i don't have the fake hid or anything... and when i look at it at a certain angle, the yellow beam come sout as white! with that in mind, i came out with the this theory...

H.I.D.(all of us wants it, High intensity discharge) is the closest thing we have to sunlight for auto. sun have a multi-spectrum light that shoots out all the colors at once. tyc headlights splits beam using magnify glass, like a prism. so if i put hid into the tyc projectors.. won't the light be split by the projectors into multi spectrum and in turn..c hanges the beam into what would look like a S2000?
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

02EXCoupeGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Marux has those TYC Projectors on his car. Black on black, looks good with HID in it as well, looks even better! Here's a link to his pics with HID on.

Click for HID
Old 03-12-2002
End Bringer

i know he does, but this was about the theory i have, not about maurex's hid
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
Correct me if im wrong guys...but with the S2000, BMW, Audi, Porsche, etc...their HID's are different from what we can get. See their bulbs are gas filled. This allows them to run at a much much much higher voltage giving that really super white light off (or as the human eyes sees...blue). After market HID runs at a lower voltage but is still a lot closer to the light that the sun gives off (which i believe is 8000K). So no matter how you see it with your projector lights you will still see that 7000k or whatever you buy just at different angles. That how i understand it.
Old 03-12-2002
End Bringer

i don't think so... i think all hid run at low voltage, just different bulbs, d2r and d2s. d2r is the retrofit modle bulbs.. but since i have projectors, the philips site saids d2s bulbs for projection type headlights so i get to blind people![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]