Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

DIY Ebay Fog Light Install - 05 EX Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LakelandCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb DIY Ebay Fog Light Install - 05 EX Sedan

I just installed the ebay fog light "OEM" kit this weekend. Before I started the install I did some reading / searching and there are no specific instructions for doing this install with the ebay kits. I see a lot of people wanting some type of instructions so I made up a set using existing instructions from some aftermarket kits and "borrowed" the sketched diagrams. The other instructions / pictures are of my car and were compiled with the diagram to give you a full set of directions for the other fog light installs. These are valid for an 04-05 Honda Civic EX Sedan. They may work with other models depending on your setup / configuration. Please download the pdf from the following link.

http://tsells.servehttp.com/host/Fil...c/FogLight.zip

Last edited by electric130; 02-12-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-28-2006
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
i doubt that you "made up" those instructions.
Old 05-28-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Rennen
i doubt that you "made up" those instructions.
I did create the pdf file today with the modified instructions with my pics and directions. I clarified the original post to make you happy. By the way the car on the first page of the install doc is mine....

Last edited by LakelandCivic; 05-28-2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-04-2006
Registered!!

Pitch_BlacK is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey LakelandCivic I installed my foglights today on my 04 sedan and I would like to give you a big thank you because I was havin' problems following the Honda Instructions and its so damn confusing.

I was going to give up but then I searched on here again for ebay foglight install and I found this thread. And damn after seeing your detailed version with pics too was very helpful. I finally wired everything and it works great

Thanks a bunch man!
Old 06-18-2006
Registered!!

-Vile- is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey bud, I just tried installing my ebay "oem" fog lights today and have had a hell of a time attempting to do so. Currently my interior is still ripped apart and the fogs aren't working.

They did not come with instructions or any type of directions as to where to get them either, so of course I came to my local source for info

The person before me posted that they were successful with your directions with an 04 sedan, which is what I also have. However, your link is currently down!!!

Can you please repost the link or email me the directions to Kaythor@hotmail.com ?

Would be VERY helpful of you!
Old 06-19-2006
Registered!!

Please accept my apologies on the link being down. I was doing a server OS upgrade this weekend and didn't copy that folder back to the webserver. It is up now.
Old 06-21-2006
Registered!!

Hmmm this is strange.

I ran the wires and everything to the fuse box correctly (prior to even being able to see the diagram in the pdf)

Currently the fog lights won't power, even with brand new bulbs.

I did however neglect to ground the wire

If that wire was not grounded, would the fuse on the ebay foglight harness blow or something else? I'm quite perplexed by this issue.

Also, my friend was helping me out and when we spliced the wires, I'm not sure what gauge wiring he used. Is the proper gauge wiring essential to making this work right or could a small/larger gauge wire work?

Sorry, I'm new to the whole car DIY stuff. Also, about zero experience with wiring, Lol. But I was able to put humpty dumpty back together when i finished up.

Last edited by -Vile-; 06-21-2006 at 01:55 AM.
Old 06-22-2006
Registered!!

ihatemycivic is an unknown quantity at this point
ok i have thouroghly read this DIY and have installed numerous sets of fog lights before but i am currently really stuck. On page 12 of the guide it shows the step where you hook everything into the fuse box. i understand this excpet the kit i bought didn't come with the 4 pin connector it came with 2 1 pin connectors. im not really sure which one is which and i don't even know how i can connect the other one once i figure out which one is which. any advice would be great
Old 06-24-2006
Registered!!

Thumbs up

Hmm sorry, can't help you there bud.

You sure you bought the kit for the correct vehicle model/year?

This guide worked perfect for me. Went back yesterday and checked all my stuff again, only problem I had was the ground wire!

REMEMBER TO GROUND!

Friend said because it had 2 grounds, I only needed to connect 1. Incorrect, both grounds must be connected to properly work.

Thanks for the informative DIY! Helped me out in my bind. My fogs came out of the box aimed correctly and look SWEET once they were installed.

Only thing I gotta do is go back and hot glue the button down to the plastic and change the LEDS or add a clear green lense/plastic inside the button. Without doing so, it just appears pinkish/white and this button is ALWAYS lit, even with adjusting the interior lighting system still stays on, dunno if thats the case for factory fogs.

Once again though, very useful and saved my ****! Thanks bud!
Old 10-25-2006
Registered!!

LoneWolf is an unknown quantity at this point
link doesnt work
Old 11-14-2006
Registered!!

Realazy is an unknown quantity at this point
can someone rehost the link??
Old 11-14-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
i can install the ebay harness with no problems and it'll be installed so you can turn the fogs on whether the car is on or not...i've never had a problem with the ebay harness
Old 11-14-2006
Registered!!

mackin is an unknown quantity at this point
which ebay seller did you get your fogs from racingspam?
Old 12-08-2006
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
awesome pdf man.....props to you...

i hav an 01 and i used urs pdf instructions....

+1rep for you
Old 12-10-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
damn talk about late reply for me but i forgot which seller...i think it was powerimport...it was kinda tricky to figure out but after that it worked great...just very little modding involved
Old 01-08-2007
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light
I'm used this to help on my '01, also. Thanks a lot!!!!
Old 02-02-2007
Registered!!

silver04si is an unknown quantity at this point
help with oem honda fog on at all times

hey I noticed in your step 9 that as long as your exterior lights are on(lows or highs) your foglights stay on. Yet on the honda website it says the only stay on while low is engaged. Since I havet oem honda foglights with no splicing involved is there any way too keep them on like in this diagram??There are a waste if the only come on when lows are engaged. Someone help me out, thanks!
Old 06-07-2007
Registered!!

SiVeloz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: DIY Ebay Fog Light Install - 05 EX Sedan

links is down!
Old 08-02-2007
Registered!!

Bb0iPn0y is an unknown quantity at this point

link is down!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I NEED THAT LINK!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2007

tunerjones can only hope to improve

link is down. someone help!!!!!
Old 08-07-2007
Registered!!

Bb0iPn0y is an unknown quantity at this point

well, i just finished my ebay fog install a couple of days ago. post some pics and maybe i can be of some help.
Old 08-08-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

if the link is down, only the OP can fix it. you can try to send him a PM to get it fixed.
Old 09-02-2007
Registered!!

anderson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LakelandCivic
I just installed the ebay fog light "OEM" kit this weekend. Before I started the install I did some reading / searching and there are no specific instructions for doing this install with the ebay kits. I see a lot of people wanting some type of instructions so I made up a set using existing instructions from some aftermarket kits and "borrowed" the sketched diagrams. The other instructions / pictures are of my car and were compiled with the diagram to give you a full set of directions for the other fog light installs. These are valid for an 04-05 Honda Civic EX Sedan. They may work with other models depending on your setup / configuration. Please download the pdf from the following link.

http://www.tsells.com/host/fog%20light.pdf

the link don't open!!

I need it, please to send it to anderson_diaz@hotmail.com
Old 09-20-2007
Registered!!

CivicLove05 is an unknown quantity at this point

I need the link to the PDF. please email to CivicLove05@***.net Thank You
Old 10-13-2007
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

link would be appreciated: PM or aznsouljah04@msn.com
Old 10-14-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

since the original poster hasn't been on the site in over a year, i'm going to close this thread. if he comes back and fixes the link, then i'll reopen the thread.
Old 02-13-2011
Registered!!

All,

If the link ever goes down please send me a private message and I'll check into it immediately.