Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

HID Highs 9005

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
veloz is an unknown quantity at this point
HID Highs 9005

Does anyone have an aftermarket HID kit installed in the factory 04-05 coupe headlight housings? I've searched the lighting forum and I've heard some people say that HID highs are a bad idea because (1) there's no shield in the factory headlight housing for the high beam and (2) the constant on/off action of highs can damage the bulb/ballast/igniter. Plus I don't know about the glare from a reflector beam housing with HIDs.
Any comments? Also, if anyone has pics....please post.
Old 11-25-2005
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
How often are you going to use your high beams that you need the HID kit? Waste of money IMO, HID is not meant for high beam

I have a 9006 HID kit and it works fine, but I would never spend the money for a high beam kit.
Old 11-25-2005
Registered!!

veloz is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
How often are you going to use your high beams that you need the HID kit? Waste of money IMO, HID is not meant for high beam

I have a 9006 HID kit and it works fine, but I would never spend the money for a high beam kit.

I agree that its probably a waste of money. The reason I asked is because I'm sure that I saw a picture of somebody with an 04-05 with highs and lows. With high beam HIDs in a reflector beam housing, if you ever forgot to switch off the highs, you'd probably blind anyone driving toward you.
Old 11-25-2005
Registered!!

mikem317 should not be trusted
Originally Posted by veloz
Does anyone have an aftermarket HID kit installed in the factory 04-05 coupe headlight housings? I've searched the lighting forum and I've heard some people say that HID highs are a bad idea because (1) there's no shield in the factory headlight housing for the high beam and (2) the constant on/off action of highs can damage the bulb/ballast/igniter. Plus I don't know about the glare from a reflector beam housing with HIDs.
Any comments? Also, if anyone has pics....please post.
I have them installed in my low beams. In dry conditions, I can see probably four times as much compared to the stock hallogens. I have the stock hallogens in my high beams. I've used them several times with the HIDs on just to get a bit more light (very dark road at night). I might get some PIAAs or similar bulb or the highs, but I don't find myself using them often enough to justify that purchase. There's a lot of glare in the pictures but the camera really amplifies the glare, IMO.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	civic_front.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	62395  
Old 11-26-2005
Registered!!

hdave is an unknown quantity at this point
i want some HID fogs