Headlight Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005
Formerly 2blu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
Headlight Questions?

I have a few questions.

1st. I was in an accident, and i got 1 new headlight. Its not oem. And the beam pattern is really strange. Its almost like a "V" inside on the regular beam (Ill post pics when it gets dark) The aftermarket lamp is from depo. I want to know if ithis has happened to anyone elese. And if it did can u mod the stock headlight to look like the aftermarket one?

2nd.

I ordered these lights in a ricer moment, but i forgot to check the wattage. I've been reading up and i'm almost posotive that i will burn up my harness. I could get an upgraded harness but i don't know....
Where can i buy an upgraded harness from? Is it worth it (I really dont think so) If not then i'll just sell em.

Old 08-08-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
1 - i don't know what you're talking about so i'll wait for the pics

2 - the wiring harness will only allow you to use the higher wattage bulbs. that doesn't necessarily translate into a brightness increase (lumen increase). you could probably make the harness yourself for about $30, but it'd probably be easier to just buy it from some place or someone for $50. check www.xenondepot.com for a wiring harness. don't get sucked in by their hid kits, though, cause most of them aren't genuine philips.