Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

DIY how to Do ur Lamin-x

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
DIY how to Do ur Lamin-x

This is easy as it is, but i figured i'd help make it a lil easier for those who need it

I was going to make a different post with it, if people want me to, i can, but i'll go ahead and do it on here.....

first of all take your fog out of your bumper...

Look at the back of it

see where the red circle is, thats one of the screws you'll need to take off..
then the other one is here

take that one off to, then you will be able to take the light away from the housing.

so it will look like this, with out the yellow of corse

then take off the little circle covering thing....

you will use that to trace your outline for the lamin-x ....

ok, i dont have any mroe lamin-x so im using the envelope (imagine it as the back part of the lamin-x)

put it on the lamin-x (make sure the lamin-x side is pointing down, you dont want to be writing on the face part of it)

then it should look like this

Now make another outline of that outline you just did about a quarter inch out from the oval u just made (because that oval u just made, if you cut it that size, its not going to be big enough to fit your fog light)
like this

cut ur lamin-x with scicors, exacto knife wont be as easy as u think it would be...

put the lamin-x on as slow and carefully as possible, and viola!!!!
put the oval covering back on

and there ya go, put ur light back in the housing and your done!

hopefully that helped the people that needed it.

Old 02-15-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Impulse where are you to sticky this
Old 02-15-2005
Registered!!

TuRtLE714 will become famous soon enoughTuRtLE714 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by gearbox
Impulse where are you to sticky this
exactly
Old 02-16-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
I tried to sticky it, but it wont let me.... not sure why, i have the points to do it..... oh well...
Old 02-16-2005
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
hard diy
Old 02-16-2005
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
i did mine the hard way...i want to redo mine your way
Old 02-16-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ImPulse
hard diy

yea i knew you would say something like that

But its all good, i thought it was very easy, but i knew people would do it the easy short cut way and not have ti turn out very good, so there.... besides TuRtLE714 asked if i could do it, and to take 15 min out of my day to help someone out, thats easy.....

Old 04-08-2005
I F(uck Sheep Naked With My Rubber Boots And _Viper_ At My Side

duffy2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Where can we order that? And is it a pure yellow color? Cuz it looks like it has a lil shade of like lime or green in that picture.
Old 04-08-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
www.lamin-x.com

don't get if you have aftermarket bulbs (hi wattage).

Btw they have great service. They refunded my money when mine melted.
Old 04-09-2005
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
just put in my order
Old 04-11-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by duffy2004
Where can we order that? And is it a pure yellow color? Cuz it looks like it has a lil shade of like lime or green in that picture.

yea www.lamin-x.com

as for the bulbs and melting.... i have the same bulbs that gearbox has, and i have not experienced that problem, i did notice that the lense does get kinda hot, but has not burned ne thing and they have been on for a long time now.
Old 04-12-2005

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Can this DIY be done on an 04? I just got my foglights today, but they are diferent from01-03s. I think it's no biggie, I'll post pics once I take mine appart.
Thanks for the DIY!
Old 04-12-2005
Premium Member

Originally Posted by 02civic_rida
yea www.lamin-x.com

as for the bulbs and melting.... i have the same bulbs that gearbox has, and i have not experienced that problem, i did notice that the lense does get kinda hot, but has not burned ne thing and they have been on for a long time now.
Maybe because I painted the tips silver and the paint is focusing heat or something?
Old 04-15-2005

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
I spoke to a rep from laminex today and I made my order. Really nice ppl, should get mine within the next 3 days...
Old 04-20-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by cubanmike26
Can this DIY be done on an 04? I just got my foglights today, but they are diferent from01-03s. I think it's no biggie, I'll post pics once I take mine appart.
Thanks for the DIY!
yea im sure..... i know duffy2004 pmed me about it, i think he is going to do it... if he does, he may be the person to go to for the 04's^ .... but feel free to pm me if needed.
Old 05-03-2005
The Beez Kneez

this DIY is done the same way for all cars
Old 05-03-2005

Originally Posted by acidbaby
this DIY is done the same way for all cars

I know that sounded stupid, but at the time I posted the question I didn't have the foglights with me, therefore I didn't know what they looked like...hence the reason why I asked...anyways...I already got mine installed and in the case of 04s-05s, the lamin-X sheets are simply glued onto the fogs, no need for taking anything apppart.
Old 05-04-2005
The Beez Kneez

i just turned on the fogs and placed the lam* over the light with it on and traced the light. then i put it on and trimmed the excess with a razor.. looks great altough im prolly gonna use some krylon stained window spray to highten the color..
Old 05-04-2005

Originally Posted by acidbaby
i just turned on the fogs and placed the lam* over the light with it on and traced the light. then i put it on and trimmed the excess with a razor.. looks great altough im prolly gonna use some krylon stained window spray to highten the color..
Yeah, that Lamin-X really shows off the foglights...
Old 10-18-2007
Mr. Negative

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
Re: DIY how to Do ur Lamin-x

I wondering if I am asking for a lot if I could get the pics rehosted, cause I need to buy new fog lights