Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

SRS light code 21-1

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shaejb15 is an unknown quantity at this point
SRS light code 21-1

Swapped to RSX Seats and got an SRS light. Cant seem to clear the code. What should I do? Or am i not clearing the code properly. Attached picture of scan tool
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 2.46.57 AM.png
Views:	367
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	88991  
Old 08-17-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SRS light code 21-1

RSX seat: is it equipped with an exploding buckle, same as the original seat had?
Old 08-19-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
RSX seat: is it equipped with an exploding buckle, same as the original seat had?
I have just changed these seats. Is there a recall for that? Would Honda honour such replacement if I have the seats in my 02 Civic? Thank you ezone.
Old 08-19-2016
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,127 Likes on 942 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

the 'exploding buckle' means the pre-tensioners, which have a little charge that goes off to tighten up the seat belt in the event of an accident
Old 08-19-2016

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Colin42
the 'exploding buckle' means the pre-tensioners, which have a little charge that goes off to tighten up the seat belt in the event of an accident
^THIS^
Originally Posted by shaejb15
I have just changed these seats.
Yeah I know, that's why I ask if the buckles are exactly the same.
I suspect not, but YOU have to figure it out.

Is there a recall for that?
Recall? Nope.
Would Honda honour such replacement if I have the seats in my 02 Civic?
Honor? NO.
Charge you appropriately for a valuable service? I sure hope so.

Also, some dealers may opt to replace a buckle under a warranty, BUT consider that you have now modified the SRS system by installing a non-original seat, the car is no longer equipped as it was designed, so a dealer may decide to avoid any possible liability issues and decline to work on your car.
Old 08-24-2016
Registered!!

^THIS^

Yeah I know, that's why I ask if the buckles are exactly the same.

Recall? Nope.
Honor? NO.
Charge you appropriately for a valuable service? I sure hope so.

Also, some dealers may opt to replace a buckle under a warranty, BUT consider that you have now modified the SRS system by installing a non-original seat, the car is no longer equipped as it was designed, so a dealer may decide to avoid any possible liability issues and decline to work on your car.
I still have my original em2 seats, can I swap the buckle from it onto the RSX seat? I know that buckle works as it should. Thanks
Old 08-24-2016

Originally Posted by shaejb15
I still have my original em2 seats, can I swap the buckle from it onto the RSX seat? I know that buckle works as it should. Thanks

that's why I ask if the buckles are exactly the same.