Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

My radiator fan is not working...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hibbj is an unknown quantity at this point
My radiator fan is not working...

I had little accident and I had to replace the radiator, A/C condensor and A/C condensor fan.

After replacing all the parts, I tried to check if the fans are working properly. (Both A/C condensor fan and the radiator fan)
However, both of them doesn't seem to work.

I've already checked the fuses. All of them are in good condition.

By the way, there's no refrigirant gas in A/C condensor. So I'm guessing A/C condensor fan is probably not working due to low pressure of the refrigirant. (Since there's none inside the HVAC system)

I'm just wondering if that low pressure of refrigirant would affect operation of the radiator fan as well...

If not, then what do you guys think would be the problem??
Old 01-31-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
does either fan turn on when you turn on the heater?
Old 01-31-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
is your car overheating at all?

fan switch?
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

hibbj is an unknown quantity at this point
Nope...

Turned the car on and and revved the engine as well for about 30 min, but the fan did not work.

I thought the fan turns on when A/C is on, not heater...
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
My guess would be your fan switch, I have had to replace 2 in the past 2 years (dont buy autozone sensors, go to honda lol). But make sure its not your relay in the fuse box under the hood, and run a jumper to make sure theres power to your fans.
Old 01-31-2006
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
I have wiring info on the fans circuits, and also some troubleshooting info (which may or may not work as it is for EP-3) PM with E-Mail address and I will send them to you.
Old 02-03-2006
Banned

spoonJDMlX is an unknown quantity at this point
wait, why dont you just test the fans and make sure THEY arent the problem? i remember when my dad's van's fan wasnt going on, he htought it was the fuses or something but i took the fans out and hooked up up directly to the battery and it didnt turn on...meaning that the motor on the fan is dead. take the fan out and place the negative end wire to the ground wire on the battery and the + to the red one on the battery and see if it turns on, if it does then you gota wiring shortage somewhere, if not....www.ebay.com - serach fora new fan.