Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction, Nitrous, Engine Building and Swaps here.

Electric supercharger??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bedo13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Electric supercharger??

Hello,

Has any1 try to use electric supercharger in a B16A?

I ve read alot of reviews some say it s useless and other say it s good..

My friend think says it may be useful up to 4000 RPM then its fan isnt strong enough to produce any power even may add restriction to the air flow at high RPMs...

So i m thinking of try this device with switching it off at 4000 RPM automatically...

Any1 could help?

Cheers
Old 11-22-2010
Registered!!

530matt is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Electric supercharger??

i hope your f&cking kidding,
if you really have a b16 under the hood of your car
and you plan on bolting on a $19.99 "Electric supercharger"
somebody should look you square in the face,
take six steps back, get a running start, and rack you in the sack with a steel toe boot as hard as they can,
Old 11-22-2010
Registered!!

ok,
I'll discribe my idea...
I'm plannig to fit a turbo..
Turbo is not very good at low RPMs (turbo lag)..
I think if i put a supercharger to work at these low RPMs up to 3000 RPM and then the turbo take the flag..
So if this electric supercharger works up to 6000 engune's RPM, with spinnig 10,000 RPM، i think of making it 10,000 RPM at engine's RPM of 3000 then it stop working and the engine inspire from another air filter which opens by a GATE after reaching 3000 engine's RPM - at which the elect super charger is at 10,000 RPM -

It s like TSI engines from VW...

So i take all power from the elect at 3000 RPM instead of 6000 and make it out of work to erase all its resistance by using another air pathway which opens by a gate...

Then i'll ve an engine with:
Super charger up to 3000RPM (full power of it)
+ turbo charger after 3000RPM
With no TURBO LAG!!!

What do u think??
Old 11-22-2010
Registered!!

i think you wear a bike helmet in the shower,
Old 11-22-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Name:  Lego.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  46.5 KB
Old 11-23-2010
Registered!!

marek91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 530matt
take six steps back, get a running start, and rack you in the sack with a steel toe boot as hard as they can,
bahahahaahahahahahaahahaha made my day !
Old 11-23-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 530matt
Agree
Old 11-23-2010
Registered!!

So the elect super charger is totally useless??
Old 11-23-2010
Registered!!

04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Read:

http://www.wildweasel.ca/HowTo/Auto/eturbo.aspx
Old 11-24-2010
Registered!!

Thanks alot..

Ok , can i fit both turbo and usual supercharger not electric??

Also can i change the gear box with anothe one with 6 speeds?
Old 11-24-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

with enough money you can put almost anything in there.
just costs money and a lot of time and work and custom fabrication if it is not one of the common swaps.
if you going turbo/supercharger, there are a lot of reading here, just don't cheap out in the start or it ends costly later. (this the 125th time i say that and i have N/A engine)
Old 11-24-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome... just Awesome. Let me know how your super/turbo/electric/motor replacement goes.
Old 11-25-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by bedo13
Thanks alot..

Ok , can i fit both turbo and usual supercharger not electric??

Also can i change the gear box with anothe one with 6 speeds?

i need a pic of you
with a thumbs up standing in front of this "b series swaped honda"
or im callin bull ****,
pic or GTFO
Old 11-25-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

^ I second that.
Old 12-01-2010
Registered!!

Yea, I am pretty sure this is bullshit now lol we all got trolled
Old 12-01-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey look, I have 999 posts
Old 12-02-2010
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

the electric will not work.

but lets say it did.

then what?

you'll have alot of air going to the same amount of fuel you always have...that is if with stock timing the air even actually got into the chamber.

you'll need more fuel to use the extra air.

you still need bigger injectors, a better fuel pump and an aftermarket tunable ecu to change the stock ignition timing to make your mods work.

those all cost money. and if you have extra money like that, you should get a real supercharger instead.

the problem is noone makes one so you'd have to spend a **** load more doing a custom job.

or just go turbo.
Old 12-02-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

just buy a real supercharger.

or you can get this. its both a turbo and a supercharger. instant hp. should be similar to a $3k supercharger

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turbo...Q5fAccessories
Old 12-02-2010
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

bahhh ha ha, awesome gear! just awesome!
Old 12-02-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

I am going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and assume he is serious.

My advice is to learn more about basic car maintinence/function before trying to modify your engine. The electric super charger will give you as much horsepower as a fancy sticker on your bumper.

Just the idea of an electric supercharger does not make any sense. It would convert mechanical energy (from the pulley) into electrical energy (from the alternator) then back into mechanical energy (from the fan motor). Why add the middleman?
Old 01-07-2011
Registered!!

Seanofthehonda is an unknown quantity at this point

I get what you're trying to do. This would be a bi-turbo; a small turbo that will kick in early and a larger turbo to take it rest of the way. On a small honda this is pointless. Just get a supercharger. But before you even do that you have to upgrade camshaft, ecu, ignition, timing, exhaust... ect ect. you are looking at around $5k of improvements or more. Unless you are racing against some serious people for a grand or more a race; it isn't worth it.
Old 01-07-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gearbox
just buy a real supercharger.

or you can get this. its both a turbo and a supercharger. instant hp. should be similar to a $3k supercharger

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turbo...Q5fAccessories
On a serious note, have you seen this: http://www.ecomotors.com/mechatronik-division Hello zero turbo lag. Their new engine looks exciting too (you can read about it at the link ).

Last edited by lazlong; 01-07-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-08-2011
Registered!!

asianboy781 is a jewel in the roughasianboy781 is a jewel in the roughasianboy781 is a jewel in the roughasianboy781 is a jewel in the rough

well its worth a try
i dont see it hurting your engine
the motor probly came from radio shack toys or somthing
its ur car give it a shot and let us know the out come
Old 01-08-2011
Registered!!

b0ssman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bedo13
Hello,

Has any1 try to use electric supercharger in a B16A?

I ve read alot of reviews some say it s useless and other say it s good..

My friend think says it may be useful up to 4000 RPM then its fan isnt strong enough to produce any power even may add restriction to the air flow at high RPMs...

So i m thinking of try this device with switching it off at 4000 RPM automatically...

Any1 could help?

Cheers
2 reasons it does'nt work like you'd think and like it's advertised.

1.An electrical motor strong enough to move enough air to make a real difference would be alot bigger and use ALOT more energy than the engine produces normally.so in effect this thing is barely above those battery powered spray fans you can find during the summer.

2.Once it's done doing it's job of assisting the turbo(assuming it's actually doing that) then once the turbo kicks in and starts pulling a useful amoutn of air(basically being in boost) the "electronic turbo" is an intake restriction..nothing more.Honestly,it would make a difference mainly on a small 1.3 liter engine that is of crappy design,not a highly tuned B series @ 1.6 liters or bigger.