Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Seat Belt Extender

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SydneyNJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Seat Belt Extender

Hi,

I'm new to the forums. We have a 2001 Civic LX. We have a child's booster seat in the back and are having trouble bringing the belt over and clipping it into the buckle. My wife and daughter can not reach the buckle because it is very short. Extending the belt wouldn't help. From what I have Googled Honda doesn't sell a seat belt extender? Has anyone know if a seat belt extender is available or any ideas on how to remedy this problem. Thanks.

Ron
Old 12-07-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seat Belt Extender

get a different seat? i know youre supposed to use those hidden hooks on the rear deck lid for something. look for the two plastic flaps that open up near the edge of the lid and the top of the rear seat cushions.
Old 12-29-2007
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

Civic wasn't designed for small children, VTEC, to much HP bro.

I'd look into getting another seat, or maybe those hidden hooks Gearbox mentioned can help you.
Old 12-29-2007
Registered!!

J Casanova will become famous soon enoughJ Casanova will become famous soon enough

this is a very original question! this is actually a problem in most japanese compact cars beleive it or not. your best bet is to find a seat that needs less belt to be secure. or you could probably just buy a JDM booster seat! that would be dope..... lol
Old 12-29-2007
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

can you post pics of the seat? (or a link to a store website to show the seat that you have?)

i'm asking because i have a sedan, and we don't have any problems with the child seat/rear seat belt set-up... Our child-seat has a reinforced plastic section that has a pass-through hole for the seatbelt, and then a belt section that goes up and latches into the hook at the top of the seat.

seeing pics of the actual seat that you are talking about is always a great help.
Old 12-29-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Get the recardo child racing seat. My kid is going to get one, when I end up having a kid.
Old 12-29-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

My mom has a 03 Civic EX Sedan, I have installed several baby and booster seats in her car. (She has 3 grand children.) I always use the anchors on the rear deck and between the back and the bottom of the rear seat. There are some black dots stitched on the lower section of the rear seat back. If you feel in the crack of the seat where the dots are, you will notice there are anchors there as well. Just use those instead of the seat belt and all will be fine. Most baby and toddler seats are equipped with 3 harnesses, they are designed to use the anchors that I am referring to.
Old 12-30-2007
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

what you need is a civic type-B (type baby), rear seat package, check local junkyards/JDM dealerships.