7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hey you look at this

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7thgenfigi is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hey you look at this

99.9% OF the time when you get a check they get your car you don't get to keep it sell or mess with it. When it goes to the final process you get your check and the car goes to the salvage yard you will get a call to collect your items,personal affects etc..Talk to the guy sometimes they let you take stuff off the car. If it's bone stock and you want it gone you got it easy. Call the adjuster tell him you decided to settle but ask him if he can settle for a higer amount you don't feel it's worth that little. the negotiation process at that point is simple.
Old 04-13-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
The only downside i see, is a salvaged title
I believe it becomes salvage only if it is totaled once, which is not the case.
The accident will be recorded on the VIN, though, for carfax and similar purposes.
Old 04-13-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i guarantee there is no way to fix all that damage with $5k. things will add up and if you choose to just take the money and try to fix yourself, you will come up way short. if you goto a body shop and say fix all this, they will tell you in the process that other things came up and they need another $2k which they will get from insurance themselves. basically going to the shop now means they will fix everything and collect any extra thats needed.
Old 04-13-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

^ ,yeah, i was wondering that too...
The rear susp[ension seems that need to be completely overhauled, for example... Trailing arms, upper arm were on the ground... front right strut seemed bad too... then all the chassis stuff(rear panel,etc) , wheels, 2 tires, etc, etc...
Old 04-13-2011
Registered!!

7thgenfigi is an unknown quantity at this point

Take the money find a new car.
Old 04-14-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

hey do u have up close shots of the headlight/retrofit?

may i ask to see them?
Old 04-14-2011
Registered!!

jono237 is an unknown quantity at this point

seeing as ive been in your shoes and live in pa i can say that in pa at least your car will not have a salvaged title it will only have a note on the report (carfax...) that it was in a accident and yes you do get to keep your car if you take the check the only way they take it is if they are totaling your car in wich case they are technicaly buying your car from you and in that case it would be a totaled title. In your case they are only paying for repairs not the car itself so your title would be fine.
Old 04-15-2011
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

OK i decided to take the money and i have sold the car for 2k so all in all i have about $7500 for a new car. I will take back the Morimotos h1 back and still have the tls. If i do not sell these locally or use them on what ever car I end up with I might sell here.

@sl33pyriceboi
What retros are you talking about? If its the tls i got the package the same the the car was hit so never actually installed. I have them in the same box they arrived.
Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

Ok something weird, yesterday I though of driving all day since it was nice because I havent since I lose the car. Today I kind of feel like a withdraw feeling. I feel anxiety and cant think of anything else. I dont know maybe iam going crazy. I have not been without a car since I was 17. Have any of you felt this way about driving. Oh and I called my cousin up today to pick me up but when he gets here I will tell him to let me drive. Yeah. Iam crazy dont know.
Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts
chozobody is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SpeedDownZone
Ok something weird, yesterday I though of driving all day since it was nice because I havent since I lose the car. Today I kind of feel like a withdraw feeling. I feel anxiety and cant think of anything else. I dont know maybe iam going crazy. I have not been without a car since I was 17. Have any of you felt this way about driving. Oh and I called my cousin up today to pick me up but when he gets here I will tell him to let me drive. Yeah. Iam crazy dont know.
Your not the only one who feels like that. This past Christmas Break, my 94 accord was totaled when some asshat hit me from behind at a stoplight into a truck in front of me. I was in tears when my parents came to pick me up, just because of the fact that I had to see my car being taken away on a flat bed opposed to me driving it. Those were the hardest few days not driving at all.
Old 04-29-2011
Person

lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

Nope. I'm at college car-less, and whenever I'm home I have to drive lol
Old 04-29-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i love driving lol. just hate using and paying gas. my next car will prolly be an electric.
Old 07-22-2011
Registered!!

Well i got a treat for you guys, the last time you saw my car it was not doing so hot but I am happy to say that my friend and i (well mostly my friend) are almost done with rebuilding my lost angel. Here see is just like i remember her but shinier because of all the wax and buffer done to her.

Name:  IMAG0272-1.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  82.4 KB
Name:  IMAG0273.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  99.5 KB
Name:  IMAG0285-1.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  118.1 KB
Name:  IMAG0283.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  106.7 KB
Name:  IMAG0282-1.jpg
Size:  113.2 KB
Name:  IMAG0281.jpg
Size:  86.4 KB
Name:  IMAG0275-1.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  98.4 KB
Name:  IMAG0276.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  116.2 KB
Name:  IMAG0277-1.jpg
Size:  71.9 KB
Name:  IMAG0278-1.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  64.4 KB
Name:  IMAG0279.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  136.0 KB

Not perfect but compared to what is was before i think it looks good
Name:  IMAG0288-2.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  76.6 KB
Name:  IMAG0287-1.jpg
Size:  76.5 KB
Name:  IMAG0289-2.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  68.4 KB

I am so happy to see it almost finished i now need to shop for a front and rear knuckle.
Old 07-22-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

She's looking good!

That colour's actually growing on me.
Old 07-22-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

Dang your paints holding up so much better than mine!!!
Old 07-22-2011
Registered!!

Yea man i hated the color when i had it by the end but yea wax and buffering with Mothers buffer made it shine real good. I always told my self that color is kind of rear compared to all the more frequent colors i saw.
Old 07-22-2011
Premium Member

looks like a new car!
Old 07-23-2011
Registered!!

UnderDog is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks great, man! You guys did some really nice work!
Old 07-23-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

good stuff man. ur car looks great. now put those retros back in.

and get some clear lens for that TL projector! it increases the output like 30%
Old 07-23-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Glad you're baby is getting back to normal! It looks real good man, u and ur friend (mostly your friend) have done some good work
Old 07-23-2011
Registered!!

Yea it does look like brand new. Most people around here are big into hondas and they where people stopping to see the car. That realy made my friend get a really big head, no homo.

I did sell this car to him, its not mine anymore so the tls are not going in. They do have the clear lens on them too. If any one is interested iam willing to sell them for 100 plus shipping. Hit me up on pm.

Yea he does awesome work but I learned a lot with him doing this car and my new one hopefully one day I wouldn't need his help to do things like this.

But I ready miss this car it will always have a place in my heart.
Old 07-24-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

R u buying another car? If so what did u have in mind?
Old 07-24-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
R u buying another car? If so what did u have in mind?
He has a 2005 VW GLI
Old 07-25-2011
Registered!!

Yea its a 07 there's a thread around here in the members ride section. But iam looking for a cheap 6th gen to buy. Thing is around here they think there selling lambos and want 4-5k for a beat to hell one. Want it to become my project car so iam still looking went I find one I will let you guy know.