7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

how do i reset or is there a way to reset my SRS light ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mauri503rida is an unknown quantity at this point
Question how do i reset or is there a way to reset my SRS light ?

is it possible to reset or turn off my SRS light .............how ?
Old 11-07-2007
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: how do i reset or is there a way to reset my SRS light ?

Yes, https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...ease-read.html
Old 11-07-2007
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

Here's the answer....

You can reset the SRS light yourself:
not too much to worry about when doing this procedure. You can reach the MES control on the it by going under the driver side dash. If you look on the other side of the driver side fuse box in the foot well, you should be able to see this yellow tab with 2 wires sticking into it. The rest of the instructions are below. And yes you can use a paperclip. Another thing to note, if the SRS light came on becuz of a direct SRS defect, then doing this procedure wont mess nothing up. if there's a problem, then this procedure just wont work and the light will remain on.
----------------------------------------------------

Tools needed:

Flashlight (if needed to search for MES Plug under dash)
2 1/2 ft. piece of small gauge speaker wire (insulation stripped off ends)

(1) Locate MES Plug. It should be located near the driver's side fuse panel under the dash. The harness is yellow with two wires.

(2) Unplug the MES Plug.

(3) Insert one end of speaker wire into MES Plug (one wire in each contact)

(4) Follow this sequence of shorting the other two leads of the speaker wire and turning the ignition to "on" (not accessory, not start)

-Short and hold the leads while you turn the ignition to on. The SRS Light will illuminate for a few seconds then go off.
-When the SRS Light goes off, unshort the wires. The SRS Light will come back on.
-Short and hold the wires again. The SRS Light will go off.
-When the SRS Light goes off, unshort the wires. The SRS Light will blink twice.
-Turn the ignition off.
-Start engine as normal. The SRS Light should illuminate for a couple of seconds as normal and then go off.
(4a) This series of shorting/unshorting needs to take place within a 4 second window of the SRS Light going on/off each time.

Hope this helps?

Last edited by FGCOUPE; 11-07-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-07-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

this^^^ does work, but is sometimes temporary, and only works if ur srs light is on from an open code, or having ur seat unplugged
Old 11-08-2007
Registered!!

koketsucivic is an unknown quantity at this point

It will work. I had to do this when I removed my seats. But as said before if there is an actual problem the SRS will proceed to come back on.
Old 11-08-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

i searched out the reset procedure a couple days ago, i'll be trying it tomorrow. hope this really does work. i think i tripped mine turning my ignition on with my cluster unplugged, trying to diagnose a wiring issue from the cluster swap.
Old 01-07-2010
Registered!!

bymitten is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: how do i reset or is there a way to reset my SRS light ?

Originally Posted by FGCOUPE
Here's the answer....

not too much to worry about when doing this procedure. You can reach the MES control on the it by going under the driver side dash. If you look on the other side of the driver side fuse box in the foot well, you should be able to see this yellow tab with 2 wires sticking into it. The rest of the instructions are below. And yes you can use a paperclip. Another thing to note, if the SRS light came on becuz of a direct SRS defect, then doing this procedure wont mess nothing up. if there's a problem, then this procedure just wont work and the light will remain on.

Tools needed:

(1) Locate MES Plug. It should be located near the driver's side fuse panel under the dash. The harness is yellow with two wires.

(2) Unplug the MES Plug.

(4) Follow this sequence of shorting the other two leads of the speaker wire and turning the ignition to "on" (not accessory, not start)

-Short and hold the leads while you turn the ignition to on. The SRS Light will illuminate for a few seconds then go off.
-When the SRS Light goes off, unshort the wires. The SRS Light will come back on.
-When the SRS Light goes off, unshort the wires. The SRS Light will blink twice.
-Turn the ignition off.
-Start engine as normal. The SRS Light should illuminate for a couple of seconds as normal and then go off.
(4a) This series of shorting/unshorting needs to take place within a 4 second window of the SRS Light going on/off each time.

Hope this helps?

After you "Start engine as normal. The SRS Light should illuminate for a couple of seconds as normal and then go off", do I re-connect the MES plug with the engine still on or do I turn the ignition off and re-connect it?

Thought this clip from Youtube should help many peeps.
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t4ds8ae9tM
Old 01-07-2010
Registered!!

bymitten is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: how do i reset or is there a way to reset my SRS light ?

Originally Posted by FGCOUPE
Here's the answer....

Tools needed:

(2) Unplug the MES Plug.

-Turn the ignition off.

Hope this helps?

After you "Start engine as normal. The SRS Light should illuminate for a couple of seconds as normal and then go off", do I re-connect the MES plug with the engine still on or do I turn the ignition off and re-connect it?

Thought this clip from Youtube should help many peeps. (Copy & paste link)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t4ds8ae9tM

Last edited by bymitten; 01-07-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-10-2010
Registered!!

maverik65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank´s! I´ll try this.
My SRS light turn on after install on my 1994 Civic EX an alarm system. I´ll be back with the results.