7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Removing the air intake resonator

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
carkiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Removing the air intake resonator

Ha! Little problem - how do I detach the harness attached to the bottom of the air intake resonator. I took out the 4 bolts and lifted the resonator, then noticed the harness attached to the bottom. I could not see under there, and felt around a bit, but could not figure out how to detach the harness. Thanks!
Old 10-26-2011
Registered!!

FrozenMyst is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Removing the air intake resonator

Alright, well I don't know if you're talking about the same thing that I'm thinking, but if you are...

When we installed a CAI into my EM2 we ran into a similar problem. We took out the four bolts and still couldn't pull the resonator out. Until we figured out that you have to pull that rubber pipe thingy (sorry... I'm not good on technical terms ...) out of the resonator. It holds it in there pretty well, and we just kinda wrestled it out of its housing, and the next thing we know the resonator came out.

I know my answer was vague, and it may not even pertain to your question. But I hope I could help.
Old 10-27-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by FrozenMyst
Alright, well I don't know if you're talking about the same thing that I'm thinking, but if you are...

When we installed a CAI into my EM2 we ran into a similar problem. We took out the four bolts and still couldn't pull the resonator out. Until we figured out that you have to pull that rubber pipe thingy (sorry... I'm not good on technical terms ...) out of the resonator. It holds it in there pretty well, and we just kinda wrestled it out of its housing, and the next thing we know the resonator came out.

I know my answer was vague, and it may not even pertain to your question. But I hope I could help.
Was that rubber pipe thingy underneath the resonator? I just want to make sure you don't mean the duct that goes to the air filter box or the air duct on the right fender, by the battery. Thanks!
Old 10-31-2011
Registered!!

FrozenMyst is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carkiller
Was that rubber pipe thingy underneath the resonator? I just want to make sure you don't mean the duct that goes to the air filter box or the air duct on the right fender, by the battery. Thanks!
Like... it wasn't the air intake duct. It was like between the box where the air filter is located and the box where the air intake is at. I'm sorry my descriptions suck, I'm just not good with the automotive lingo.
Old 10-31-2011
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

http://www.injen.com/galleries/produ...7_05192009.pdf

These are the instructions I used for my install. They might help.
Old 10-31-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by FrozenMyst
Like... it wasn't the air intake duct. It was like between the box where the air filter is located and the box where the air intake is at. I'm sorry my descriptions suck, I'm just not good with the automotive lingo.
Thanks!
Old 10-31-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
http://www.injen.com/galleries/produ...7_05192009.pdf

These are the instructions I used for my install. They might help.
Thanks! That intake really makes the rest of the engine accessible. I wish they ran the duct to where the original went, above the battery, but I guess the filter won't fit, there.