Audio Post your questions about Audio problems here!

Volume stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2020
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dan Buczakowski is an unknown quantity at this point
Volume stopped working

Hi everyone, new here.

I have an issue that just recently started happening. I have a 2018 Civic Si. When I start the car, the radio volume doesn't work and it says it's maxed out at 11, even though 11 is pretty low. I can't go up any higher, and when I go down, it shows it going down, but nothing is actually happening. This is the case weather I'm using Car Play or just the radio. The issue fixes itself when I get an audible alert from Waze. As soon as I get an audible alert everything goes back to normal. I'm not sure if it's just a Waze alert that fixes it or if it's any type of audible alert. This started about a month ago. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, was there a fix for it? My car was just in for a tune up, so if there was an update for the radio I'm guessing they would have done it then. My phone and all apps are updated to the latest software.

I appreciate any help.
Old 05-14-2020
Prelude Owner

Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Volume stopped working

Pull the fuse for the radio to reset it.

The radio probably has 2 separate volume controls so that when you receive a call or map direction it is at a different volume then the radio.
Old 05-15-2020
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dan Buczakowski is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Volume stopped working

I thought that also, but when I get an alert it fixes the volume for the radio. It's a really weird bug that just started happening. I'll try the fuse idea and see if that fixes it. Thank you.
The following users liked this post:
GolNat (05-15-2020)