Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Dumb way to get a parking ticket in Montreal...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Dumb way to get a parking ticket in Montreal...

just got a parking ticket yesterday close to downtown Montreal.
very dumb, actually...
I did not memorize well the parking place when i parked and went to the machine to pay for the parking.
At this point, i was wondering : what was the number again? And i looked at the parking spot marking. It said clearly from the angled view: PH333. The other one said PH331 (I should have gotten a clue at this point, but thought it would be alternate from side to side of the street and paid for the parking spot).
Even if placing at the dashboard does not mean i will be free of the ticket, i left it there.
When i came back, taran! there is the red ticket in the windshield. I thought what?!? Took it out, and checked what was written. No paid... twist the head to check the parking spot - marking is in a triangular shape - one side says 333, the other says 334... I was in 334... and it's not visible from the machine as 334...
Dumb...
Will try to see what options i have, i plead guilty of not paying for the parking spot i was actually in, but cannot plead guilty of not paying anything (no ill will).
Let's see how it goes...
Duh! for me...
Old 12-12-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dumb way to get a parking ticket in Montreal...

Doh! lol

Thats why if I'm unsure, I have to walk back.
Old 12-12-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Doh! lol

Thats why if I'm unsure, I have to walk back.
yup, costs nothing compared to the alternative... Doh!
Old 12-12-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

And remember:

A dime is better than a ticket

I always learn that the hard way,
"Oh, I'll only be 2 mins"
Old 12-12-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
"Oh, I'll only be 2 mins"
yeah, my friend thought similarly:
"ah, it's only a fart"
next day it was new undies
Oh, yeah, here goes the parking marking. Triangular, so you see only one side from an angle:

Last edited by sdaidoji; 12-12-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-15-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

lol you guys pay parking tickets?

I get tickets frequently, because I never pay for parking at school, but rather than pay them I just get a new plate every six months and the tickets disappear.
Old 12-15-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Haha!
Just not sure how to proceed yet.
I am in QC just as temporary, so either pay and avoid any headaches or just justify that there was no ill-will (paid for parking, just that i paid for the wrong spot)...
try to avoid points but paying the ticket, since QC gave me only a beginners license (my last TN license had only 2 weeks-old, QC said that i would need a "probatoire" license... Felt young again...)
Let's see how i will plead this case and argument...
Old 12-31-2010
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MindBomber

I get tickets frequently, because I never pay for parking at school, but rather than pay them I just get a new plate every six months and the tickets disappear.
LOL. Well you're still not as crooked as ICBC. I bet I'll still see you're story on GlobalBC some day.

@ sdaidoji

If I was going to argue it then I would explain the parking was paid so no ill-will. Points hurt more than the ticket.

In B.C. if you get caught doing anything wrong they jack your insurance. 2 moving violations in 5 years raises your insurance $380 here now.
Old 12-31-2010
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MindBomber

really? i was pretty sure they transfer with the insurence company to new plates. you just don't get notified until you renew your licence. are you sure, cause i'd check.
Old 01-02-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by Stock 99
@ sdaidoji

If I was going to argue it then I would explain the parking was paid so no ill-will. Points hurt more than the ticket.

In B.C. if you get caught doing anything wrong they jack your insurance. 2 moving violations in 5 years raises your insurance $380 here now.
thanks
since i will be in canada for maybe 3 more months and then head back to TN, i just paid the ticket but explained what happened reinforcing that there was not ill-will