Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Pulled over twice for having my OEM fogs on...

Old 07-01-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
batman900 will become famous soon enough
Pulled over twice for having my OEM fogs on...

I live in Oklahoma currently and while the police do not care if you have an uderglow kit as long as its not red or blue they have pulled me over twice for having my OEM fog lights on.

I never had this problem in Texas and I think its retarted that a car drving next to me can be beaming out bright green from under his ride but I get pulled over for having factory fogs on.

Just wondering if anyone els has had this problem? and needed to vent it.
Old 07-01-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pulled over twice for having my OEM fogs on...

i did too once. just got a warning. but yeah driving with fogs on is illegal cause 99% of factory fogs put out too much glare, the honda ones included. its illegal almost everywhere to use them unless there is severe weather. most fogs are a novelty and dont really work at all on the road. so yeah leave em off. i ended up converting mine to a park light with some amber leds so i can use it anytime. you can also put in yellow bulbs in your fogs and then it qualifies as a city light, which you can have on all the time if you want. generally my take on fogs are, if theyre good enough to actually work properly by having a bright beam and sharp cutoff without glare, it makes the foreground too bright and reduces your distance vision. if the fogs are crappy, they are mostly for looks and just throw glare out at other drivers (or when its raining, glare bouncing off the road).
Old 07-02-2009
Registered!!

batman900 will become famous soon enough

I see so I can replace them with yellow and leave them on, good to know. I havent checked on how hard it would be but is it difficult to do? also can I just replace the bulbs or the whole thing?
Old 07-02-2009
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

You can buy the Nokya hyper yellow bulbs and they will be yellow. I think it looks best having them in clear housing instead of using the tacky yellow lense ones.
Old 07-03-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah like triz says, get nokya or luminics. its H11 size for 01-03 fogs and they go for around $25-30 a pair.
Old 07-03-2009
Registered!!

whitealexander is an unknown quantity at this point

i think there are different laws and officers that takes violation differently on other states...
Old 07-03-2009
Premium Member

ya it really depends on the cop. some dont know all the laws, some just dont care to enforce them.
Old 07-05-2009
Registered!!

One_Fit_Civic is an unknown quantity at this point

really this happens with fog lights???????? wow
Old 07-08-2009
Jp7
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jp7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 6000K HID's in both my lowbeams and foglights for both my evo and my ranger and have never had any problems.