Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

California state referee ticket

Old 05-23-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bee6teen is an unknown quantity at this point
California state referee ticket

Hey everyone i recently got a state referee ticket and i been gettting alot of mixed comments about it. Some people tell me im going to HAVE to put everything stock back on it. (prolly run me about $4000) Other people tell me i Could just skip the state referee ticket and pay the fine and some people tell me i gotta flunk the test then go to court and show em i flunked and pay the fine.

So this cop was a dick he saw my fuel pressure regulator and he said that was illegal and gave me a state referee ticket the ticket reads as follows..

27150(a)ve loud exhaust correctale? (yes) / no

27156 alterred emissions correctable? yes / (no)

cali state referee req'd

PS i was just planing on paying the fine and leaving my car the way it is I called the alhambra court but they said that the ticket wasnt in the system yet to call back in 3 weeks.

any ideas??
Old 05-27-2008
Registered!!

hypnotic20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: California state referee ticket

My honest answer is to wait 3 weeks, and if you can, ask a passing cop. Or when ever your at a public place like the mall or a starbucks ask any off duty police officer for the advice.
Old 05-27-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

wtf? lol im glad i dont live there. do you have a turbo or something? why would an fpr be illegal?
Old 05-27-2008
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Damn California sucks
Old 05-28-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
wtf? lol im glad i dont live there. do you have a turbo or something? why would an fpr be illegal?
Nah my civic has a JR supercharger he didnt know what the **** he was looking at he was just like any gauge under the hood is illegal... i was all wtf why?
he was just like cause thats altered emisions and i said my fuel regulater? and hes like yup..i was like ok?? i was literelly infront of the shop i take my car too. i was even riding neutral cause i noticed him following me so i know my ehaust isnt loud.. he was just bieng a dick cuz there was a mustang that was 50 times louder then mine next to me but i get pulled over wtf?? for reals now
i even told him and hes all like i didnt notice
Old 05-28-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by hypnotic20
My honest answer is to wait 3 weeks, and if you can, ask a passing cop. Or when ever your at a public place like the mall or a starbucks ask any off duty police officer for the advice.
Il try most cops around here are dicks. i mean theyll just blow you off like nothing."im not a judge" and keep walking it sucks.
Old 05-28-2008
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
subworm07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bee6teen
Nah my civic has a JR supercharger he didnt know what the **** he was looking at he was just like any gauge under the hood is illegal... i was all wtf why?
he was just like cause thats altered emisions and i said my fuel regulater? and hes like yup..i was like ok?? i was literelly infront of the shop i take my car too. i was even riding neutral cause i noticed him following me so i know my ehaust isnt loud.. he was just bieng a dick cuz there was a mustang that was 50 times louder then mine next to me but i get pulled over wtf?? for reals now
i even told him and hes all like i didnt notice
same thing happen to me a week ago...
except the cop pulled me over and said " I just came out off school...
where they are teaching us how to tell if you car is illegally moded and wanted to see if it's true"

so he gave me a ticket for exhaust and threaten to take it to a dismantle shop waiting to get my ticket in the mail!

and after he gave me the ticket he said " I am into cars to but I have a mustang at home, they are better than civic's"
then walked into his car.
Old 05-28-2008
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

By the way, how is any of this gonna cost you $4k?
Old 05-28-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Rufus
By the way, how is any of this gonna cost you $4k?
because the state referee checks everything

from your computer to your enternals...

everything everything...

so **** that i dont have any of the stock internals or parts for that matter..

im gonna have to buy a new standalone ecu from honda or the junk yard i mean its to much of a mission im 20 and i still look young so if i gotta talk to the judge to pay the fines instead of converting my car to stock im claim i got the car like this and cry LOL... hopefully it wont get to that point because i spent way to much money and time getting my car to this freaking level
Old 05-29-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if it were me, i would move to a new state
Old 07-09-2009
Registered!!

Kore is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got a ticket too...Im giving up on the game and decommissioning my car. Because the state can't budget their books, now they're cracking down and squeezing the people for more money anyway they can.

I think our hobby just died this July 1 09.

Sorry guys, getting another car.