Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Neons underneath the car legal in Texas?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eric1024 is an unknown quantity at this point
Neons underneath the car legal in Texas?

I inherited a '02 civic from my mom and I've been fixing it up little by little. I want to put some cold cathode lights underneath it to give it a little glow. I was reading that the light up spray nozzles are illegal, so I'm thinking that neons are too. Anyone sure about this?
Old 04-24-2007
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold
Re: Neons underneath the car legal in Texas?

What I am sure about is that that will look terrible and incredibly stereotypically ricey.

But I believe that any lights either red or blue are indeed illegal to have on the outside of the car, required signal lights excepted, of course. The reason for this is that this way people can't put lights behind their grill or something to that effect to look like a undercover police car, get people to move out of the way, etc.
Old 04-24-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^Word. If they're not illegal, then they should be.
Old 04-24-2007
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

I must say, though, If you're in Texas, I might have to get Joel (SLO REX) and Bryan (texascivic2k1) and Josh (gaugeof12) and come backhand your *** for putting that kind of stuff on a car.
Old 04-24-2007
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by eric1024
I inherited a '02 civic from my mom and I've been fixing it up little by little. I want to put some cold cathode lights underneath it to give it a little glow. I was reading that the light up spray nozzles are illegal, so I'm thinking that neons are too. Anyone sure about this?
spray nozzle lights aren't legal....under body lights are legal i believe as long as there not on strobe, red or blue or one of them i forget which one and also not visible.
Old 04-25-2007
Registered!!

Stearic is an unknown quantity at this point

Afaik, they aren't illegal. There are exceptions to that though with the above stated reason's. If you can see the bulb though from a standard sitting position inside a car then they would be deemed illegal. As long as you can't see the bulb, and it doesn't go against whats said above you'd be fine.
Old 04-27-2007
Registered!!

LilWannabeJdm can only hope to improve

spray nozzle lights can be illegal if its blue or red at night....as for neon under the car..red and blue is illegal and maybe purple because police sometime say its blue..i got tickets for these stuff when in down WPB,fl and soo forth...was on my old old car tho..i dont do those stuff nomore waste of money and pointles