Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Whelen Police Strobes??

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTICE is an unknown quantity at this point
Whelen Police Strobes??

I have the Whelen Police strobe kit installed on my car. My friends keep telling me that I can get arrested for it for impersonating a cop, but I'm thinking that would only happen if I actually pull someone over. I got a ticket before for green underglo lights and the ticket said improper use of blue and red lights. Thats what I'm thinking it would be if I got caught using them on the road. Anybody know what the law in AZ says for that??
Old 11-02-2005
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
In Az, damn near everything light related is illegal. If you use them at shows or while stationary you should be fine, but the moment that you do hit them on the street you are in violation, and yes it would be concidered impersonating a police officer. Yes... You can get arrested for doing it. My recommendation. Save it for a time where you are showing or chilling somewhere, not while you're moving.
Old 11-02-2005
7thgens other Official Five O'

AZ2K1Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by CTICE
I have the Whelen Police strobe kit installed on my car. My friends keep telling me that I can get arrested for it for impersonating a cop, but I'm thinking that would only happen if I actually pull someone over. I got a ticket before for green underglo lights and the ticket said improper use of blue and red lights. Thats what I'm thinking it would be if I got caught using them on the road. Anybody know what the law in AZ says for that??
Where are your strobes?

In AZ you cant have white light to the rear (unless your backing up) and the white light to the front cant be seen too far away (kinda like the restriction on your brights)

I would think the strobes would distract other drivers and thats no good

Where in Scottsdale are you?
Old 11-03-2005
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
A buddy of mine had police strobes in his hummer and used them to go through red lights. The police causght him and told him they could either take him to court or cut them out on the spot. He told them to cut them out and they did.
Old 11-03-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by AZ2K1Civic
Where are your strobes?

In AZ you cant have white light to the rear (unless your backing up) and the white light to the front cant be seen too far away (kinda like the restriction on your brights)

I would think the strobes would distract other drivers and thats no good

Where in Scottsdale are you?
yea, listen to farva
Old 11-04-2005
Registered!!

CTICE is an unknown quantity at this point
I try not to use them on the streets, but its so fun and addicting. I turn them on for a second when going through the intersection and watch people freak out cause they think they got zapped by the photo radar. Im right at Cactus and the 101. Where are you at AZ2k1?
Old 11-04-2005
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
I try not to use them on the streets, but its so fun and addicting. I turn them on for a second when going through the intersection and watch people freak out cause they think they got zapped by the photo radar. Im right at Cactus and the 101. Where are you at AZ2k1?
Great way to cause an accident. Very bad idea.
Old 11-04-2005

Originally Posted by booba5185
yea, listen to farva
Its powdered sugar. It's delicious.
Old 11-04-2005

Talking

Im at Frank Lloyd Wright and the 101...and I'll be looking for ya