Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Does this thing take pics?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005
Se7enCyrus Racing/Motorsports

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SevenCyrus will become famous soon enoughSevenCyrus will become famous soon enough
Does this thing take pics?

Thats me going 64 in a 30. I took the pic for a project, dont ask. But I had to do it 3 times too get it right, each time i was 60++ in a 30.......does that fvcker take pics?
Old 07-20-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
i don't think so
Old 07-20-2005
Registered!!

scizod is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by SevenCyrus

Thats me going 64 in a 30. I took the pic for a project, dont ask. But I had to do it 3 times too get it right, each time i was 60++ in a 30.......does that fvcker take pics?
I asked my friend who is a police officer and he says it depends on the model. The type they use here don't use a camera but the city just to the south of us do. I showed him that model and it does not. The models that do have cameras are pretty tall with a solar panel on top and it usually has the city police logo all over it.
Old 07-20-2005

SevenCyrus will become famous soon enoughSevenCyrus will become famous soon enough
Thanks maan! Yea i kinda got scared bc on back of that thing it says Keller Traffic Enforcement and a bunch of other stuff, sounded pretty crazy.
Old 07-20-2005
Registered!!

Blkbear is an unknown quantity at this point
Howdy SevenCyrus,

Even if the detector doesn't have a cam, does not mean some neighborhood watchdog type was not taking pictures. from an area to get the radar and the cars in the frame together, mainly to show the type of cars speeding in the area. Have noticed that is some areas in and around Seattle, will put these in neighborhoods for a few weeks and then after that you start to notice patrol cars/bikes in and around the area for maybe a week or two after than pulling people over and writing tickets.

And then alot of times after the cops have been in the area for a week or three... poof there will be those damned speed bumps every 50 yards or so for up to 1/2 a mile.
Old 07-20-2005

I see. Well so far everyone has said no, that makes me feel better. While we are on the subject...I know doubling the speed limit is a felony..but does that only apply to freeways, etc?
Old 07-21-2005
Registered!!

02cvcEX will become famous soon enough02cvcEX will become famous soon enough
cool you live in keller too? do you go to any of the car meets around the area?
Old 07-21-2005

Nah, havent been to any. I think i have seen u pulled over off davis, damn cops. lol.
Old 07-21-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
nah, they dont take pics most the time. And if you do get a ticket, throw it away cuz "you never got it"

Same with any photo enforcement, you wont be contacted if you dont send them in with money. Its usually a good faith type of ticket. If you kept doing it again and again, Im sure they would contact you or warrant for your arrest.

I did not tell you to do this, its just one way to deal with them, lol. Its not my fault if anybody gets into trouble. Ive done this repeatedly, as has my gf, mom, friends, etc. none of us have been contacted a second time.
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
double speed limit is felony a LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
I still cannot stopLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Have never heard that, what about triple!!!
I still have not gotten quad, it will be done someday though.
Lock you up for a year for speeding first timeOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
Old 07-22-2005

Originally Posted by jackburton
omg
What the hell are you talking about?
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

scrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of light
Doesnt there have to be a sign that explicitly says that there is a camera in the area for traffic cams or speed cams to be legal? I know when I was Northern VA theres traffic cams everywhere, but a big sign saying something to the effect of "Traffic Cam" was also there plain as day.
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

scizod is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by SevenCyrus
I see. Well so far everyone has said no, that makes me feel better. While we are on the subject...I know doubling the speed limit is a felony..but does that only apply to freeways, etc?
ok, the law states that if you are double the speed limit, you can be arrested but most of the time you will get a summond to appear in court where you will hear your fate. Never heard of someone being arrested for that.
Old 07-22-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
even if you got a ticket for it, its considered "entrapment"

i know for sure CA its illegal, dont know about other states.
Old 07-22-2005

I see, I wonder if you had a attorney if he could get you off the hook for that, there’s this program that you pay like $30 a month, and you get like a card with a number that if your ever in trouble you just call them and they will hook you up with a lawyer, any time of the day, for any kind of situation. My buddy has this and he told me he got pulled over and all he did was hand the police officer his phone with the lawyer on the phone...and he got off, lol.
He also said he went to chilies, and they served him cold food...and he complained but they really didn’t do anything. So he got out his phone, called that office up, got a lawyer on the phone and had him talk to the manager.....meal was free and the next visit meal was free as well. Lol, Im probably going do this program, but Im only 17...goda be 18++
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about
damn, that would suck if it did
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
You said it was a felony, and that constitutes a year in jail-LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
So you see, i imagined someone getting arrested and going to jail, and getting their court docs from the commissioner saying that he could face a year of prison time-and i think this is funny. going to prison for speeding!!!
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

What state is this, we re talking about here????
Old 07-22-2005
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
i think i read somewhere those things serve 2 purposes. 1 to scare people - most people when they see how fast they are going vs how fast the speed limit is will slow down. and 2, they record each speed they clock - and then the cops or the city or whoever can see the average speed people drive on that particular street and possibly adjust the speed limit. (but that really doesn't seem right - if everybody drove 100 mph in a 25 they still wouldn't raise the speed limit) just what i read
Old 07-23-2005

You said it was a felony, and that constitutes a year in jail-LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
So you see, i imagined someone getting arrested and going to jail, and getting their court docs from the commissioner saying that he could face a year of prison time-and i think this is funny. going to prison for speeding!!!
Speed limit on free way is 55-70....and if u double that i know for a fact it is a felony, and police has right to take you to jail. How is that funny?????
Old 07-24-2005
Banned

MiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to all
nah, they dont. i always like to have fun with those and gun it as fast as i can to see what i can get it to read. fastest i have got one to read was 85 and i have never got a ticket.
Old 07-24-2005

Yea, guy that started my paronia just told me he was messing around with me. He had told me that a friend had done that and got a citation in the mail with 2 pics of his car, front and back. Bastard, lol
Old 07-27-2005
Registered!!

A year or more in prison for going 110-140mph, i find it funny.
It is just i never heard that before and was in a jovial mood, cracked me up, anyways.
I saw some kid who was like 16-17 who was arrested for going over a hundred, cops made a big deal of it and called his parents. they were older guys, treated him like he was a little baby. I can see weeving through traffic at high speeds, but just speeding. In america people drive so gad damn slow, and speeding seems petty to me, and going to jail for it, well i find that funny.
-You can get put in jail for alot of things that are not felonies. It is also funny because crimes classified as felonies are usually crimes such as murder, rape, armed robbery, and aggravated assault. criminal damage of property is classified as a misdomeanor. So you have a guy speeding, even though he is going pretty fast, no mans rea, bad intent, and he is committing a felony. Then you have a guy who gets drunk and breaks someone else property on purpose, and he is commiting a misdomeanor. See my reasoning, no big deal.
Old 07-27-2005

word.
Old 07-28-2005

southpasdena is an unknown quantity at this point
I see, I wonder if you had a attorney if he could get you off the hook for that, there’s this program that you pay like $30 a month, and you get like a card with a number that if your ever in trouble you just call them and they will hook you up with a lawyer, any time of the day, for any kind of situation. My buddy has this and he told me he got pulled over and all he did was hand the police officer his phone with the lawyer on the phone...and he got off, lol.
These lawyer programs are pieces of ****. When i was being evicted, all they told me was to plead to the judge. WOW! great info for the money i paid. Instead i paid 2 months of that **** with now help from them. Had to go to the law library myself and got more assistance from the library director for free than the on the phone lawyers. And who cares about a free meal, just bitch at a manager for 5 min and you will always get that. Send a letter to corporate, they will give free money to there establishment, etc etc...Just dont waste your money please, its not worth it
Old 07-28-2005

i see, thats good to know, Thanks.
Old 07-28-2005
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted

haha

****ing funny guy
Old 08-02-2005
I love to suck t3h c0ck & am supr ghey

i8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nice
i've more than doubled the speed limit...i ****in regret it.