Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

New OEM bumper, no front lisence plate

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dustin_samuel is an unknown quantity at this point
New OEM bumper, no front lisence plate

My new front bumper doesn't have any holes for my front plate. If a cop pulls me over for it, can I just tell him that I don't have a place to put it? Cuz, I'm not going to drill into my new bumper.
Old 11-28-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Necessary holes have to be drilled when required by law. If you have two license plates, you must use them. It's been covered already.
Old 11-30-2003
Registered!!

I_OWN_A_CIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
i see some peeps put it on the right corner of the windshield on the dashboard...guess that might work
Old 12-01-2003
7thgens other Official Five O'

AZ2K1Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
PM ontarget...I think he is an officer from Cali and should have a book of statutes.

I know that in Cali license plates have be installed on the front and rear or a vehicle...I dont have a decent site to use as reference for you...
Old 12-01-2003
Registered!!

dustin_samuel is an unknown quantity at this point
The funny thing is, some cars literally don't have a place for them. My dad drives a Nissan Murano and there is no place for a front plate
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

azn2k1civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by I_OWN_A_CIVIC
i see some peeps put it on the right corner of the windshield on the dashboard...guess that might work
this should work, a lot of people do this and they haven't gotten a ticket for it
Old 12-05-2003
Registered!!

Sickboy will become famous soon enoughSickboy will become famous soon enough
My little brother tried that and got pulled over. He ended up making two brackets coming out the grill and bolted the license plate to that. This was on an old Mazda that had no place for a front license plate.
Old 12-05-2003
207 Mod is 10-8

kyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nice
yup, check the law, if you need both plates, you'll have to bolt on a holder for your front plate.
Old 12-06-2003
Registered!!

trahma is an unknown quantity at this point
At least in Minnesota, the "put the license plate in your window" trick never works. I know several people that have tried arguing it, and lose everytime.

Essentially it breaks down like this, if you modify your car, you become targetted. I can imagine Civics are targeted more than any car just with the reputation they have for the large aftermarket. If you don't want the ticket, you have to suck it up and put one on.

I've been lucky so far and haven't been pulled over. Although I will be using the "there's no place for it to be mounted" excuse. But I don't plan on it working with the cop. Ignorance usually isn't a good argument with the law. If they pull me over for my front plate, he's already out to get me. Now in court, I think it'd be a better argument.