Better tires = better times!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006
Drifting away in time and space...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lynk has a spectacular aura aboutLynk has a spectacular aura about
Better tires = better times!

Well, i'm convinced now that my car is really fast!!!
After getting 13.8 with my bald all seasons, i recently upgraded to so Yokohama AVS ES 100's, and i think i got my money's worth!

Anyways, Shandon and I get there, we park our cars and then Shandon goes off to the bathroom. So i'm standing next to the cars when some guy walks over, starts looking at Shandon's car, sees the intercooler and turns to me and asks: "Is that your car"

Me "No, it's my friend's car"
Him "Oh! so what kind of times does he run?"
Me "Well, he's hoping to hit the high 13's today"
Him "Well, that's my mustang over there," Points to a Yellow, late 90s model, "I ran a 13.5 today... tell your friend if he wants to race, I'll take him on."
Me "That's my 240 right next to it... We can go right now! last time i ran a 13.8 on some crappy all seasons. I have some new tires and i'm hoping to do better."
He looks at my car "hmmm... well, i don't really wana waste my time... If you race and you're in the 14's i don't really wana waste my time with racing you. So go take a run, if you're in the 13's we'll talk... I'll be in the stands" then he walked away!

Waste his time???? It'd be a waste of his time to race me?!?!?!! Did that ever **** me off! What an arogant fawking bastard!!!! So as soon as Sandon got back, I told him about this guy, and how much of a jerk he was!!! So after that we line up on the 1/4 Mile track (with the Mustang guy looking on from the stands). Light turns green, and i gun it! The new tires offered so much grip that i had never gotten before! I finish the run quite satisfied! Drive around to the little booth, pick up my time slip and i'm in total shock...

I knocked off about .8 seconds off my best time to run a 13 Flat! 13.052 @ 109.4MPH. Lets just say it was way beyond my expectations! How's that for a waste of time???

Anyways, the mustang guy comes to see me as soon as i get out of my car and says "wow, 13.0! That would be an interesting race! So you wana go?"
Me "hmmmm... 13.5... that would kinda be a waste of my time... nah, i don't wana race you"

he tried to get me to race him a few more times, but everytime was the same "nah, i don't wana waste my time"

But lets just say, throughout the afternoon he was persistent. After most of my runs he kept asking me if i wanted to race him... he even ended up waiting for me in line with his mustang, until i finally agreed to race him... and beat him... TWICE!!! Fawken Mustangs!

Anyways, Zoe ended up taking alot of pics from that day! hopefully we can have a few to show off soon!

Kinda sucks that Shandon didn't have that kind of satisfaction... his car made it back to his place on a flatbed... I'll let him fill in the details if he feels like it...

Last edited by Lynk; 06-11-2006 at 03:16 PM.
Old 06-11-2006
Boredom causes changes ;)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
Nice time for sure.
Though I'm sure adjustments on the suspensions + tires made that happen.
So, is cracking an 11 the new goal? Or are you going to go start drifting hardcore now?
Old 06-11-2006
Registered!!

WhiteHalf is an unknown quantity at this point
Freddy pimpin' ... fawkin awesome man ...

Let that *** eat poop and die ... damn whities ...
Old 06-11-2006
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
i love you so much right now.

you are my hero.

i will kiss your feet the next time we met

your new custom license plate: V8EATR hehehe

sounsd like your ****ing car will beat my bike, man!!!
Old 06-11-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
HAHA Mustang drivers are redneck mullet head douches.
Old 06-11-2006
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 2k2civ34
HAHA Mustang drivers are redneck mullet head douches.
+1...and they sometimes come in the fat retard variety too.
Old 06-11-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by tekgnosis
+1...and they sometimes come in the fat retard variety too.
AWESOME. Mentally challenged Mustang drives. They are also sometimes seen in Dodge Neons.
Old 06-11-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Show them domestics what imports are made of.

Great kill.
Old 06-12-2006

He he! I'm so glad to be your hero Jim! I'll be sure not to clean my feet for the next week!

By the way, here are some pics that shandon sent me! I only have 2 right now... By the way, i knew my car was long, but i didn't realise how long it actually was until Shandon sent me the pic of our cars side by side... it makes his laser look tiny! he he

Old 06-12-2006
Nugget Garage Wannabe

SuperFishy is on a distinguished road
lol good job freddy, I couldn't believe my eyes when i looked at the time slip. I couldn't do any better than 14.18 @ 107.5mph, Got traction? I sure dont . Anyway my car sucks in the 1/4 mile. During the whole day I was usually trapping around 105, I took off my crappy muffler and I started trapping high 107s, until.... my axle exploded in 2nd gear, it just twisted all apart. So i had to push my car down the whole track pratically then get it towed home .
Old 06-12-2006
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
awsome job freddy!!

if you come by for the drift show in September you'll be in awe of all the 240's out here...
Old 06-12-2006
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
Great time... Told you that you'd get a 13.3 or better..What was your 60ft this time?
Old 06-12-2006

thanks! yeah, i was expecting mid 13's to be honnest...

anyways, 60ft time has improved, but i still feel i can get a bit more... it was 2.125.
Old 06-12-2006
Nugget Garage Wannabe

SuperFishy is on a distinguished road
bastard... i had a few 2.7 60 foot times, i neeeeed awd.