Go Sens Go! Playoffs discussion!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
actually it was stated in the Ottawa Citizen that the Toronto GM was looking into purchasing Redden and Chara. Chara is asking 7.8 million and personally I don't think he is worth that much. I think we should let go of hasek and pick up a goalie that has the drive to win because Hasek is just milking the sens for cash. I also think we should put fisher and havlat on the 1st line with Alfie (speed) and stick Spezza, Heatley and Smolinski 2nd line (puck handling). We also have to get rid of that Arnason guy...that guy shouldn't even wear skates.

In my opinion, we need 2 strong defencemen and a young healthy goalie. No way in hell Ottawa should replace Aflie (4th in points) with Sundin (31st in points).
Old 05-17-2006
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Si2NV
actually it was stated in the Ottawa Citizen that the Toronto GM was looking into purchasing Redden and Chara. Chara is asking 7.8 million and personally I don't think he is worth that much. I think we should let go of hasek and pick up a goalie that has the drive to win because Hasek is just milking the sens for cash. I also think we should put fisher and havlat on the 1st line with Alfie (speed) and stick Spezza, Heatley and Smolinski 2nd line (puck handling). We also have to get rid of that Arnason guy...that guy shouldn't even wear skates.

In my opinion, we need 2 strong defencemen and a young healthy goalie. No way in hell Ottawa should replace Aflie (4th in points) with Sundin (31st in points).

that's fine n' all but I GUARANTEE that Ottawa will not make a major move inside it's own division and risk being burned by it 8 times a year. Not to mention that the fans would likely NEVER forgive letting players like this go to Toronto....blah, I'd be pissed!

Ottawa has the $ to sign them both and I'm sure they will in the end.
Old 05-19-2006
Registered!!

WhiteHalf is an unknown quantity at this point
I think they might keep Chara - Redden sounds like he's gone, Phillips too. Vrada they need to drop.

Apparently with Arneson I heard that they were keeping him for "long term" - whatever that is supposed to amount too.

Havlat I guess is staying - I thought he was an unrestricted free agent, but apparantly not.

Alfie wants to stay, and I dont think they'd get ride of him - key is as long as he wants to stay.

We'll see what happens. But they need a goalie. From what I hear they're gonna pick up another youngin and have them battle it out for who gets 1st position. I'd rather they pick up someone seasoned but not retirement age like Hasek. Hasek's gone for sure - he should have stepped up and played.
Old 05-19-2006
Drifting away in time and space...

Lynk has a spectacular aura aboutLynk has a spectacular aura about
Muckler has assured no major changes in the off season... But i'm thinking that between Redden and Chara, we might only be keeping one... and Chara might be the one to go... Remember there's the Alfredson rule in Ottawa. No one should make more than the Captain. If Chara wants too much, then he might not come back to Ottawa. Alfie will most likely not leave... If he does, the team will lose it's most important member!
Arnason, i think he has potential... then again it's hard to tell... i don't think ive ever seen anyone produce so many scoring chances and not score! Puck just didn't seem to bounce his way...

Varada... i couldn't be more glad to see him leave... even if all we get in return is a bag of pucks. He has potential to play well, he's just inconsistent and takes way too many bad penalties.

Anyways, we'll see what happens!

Oh, and whoever mentioned something about dealing with Toronto... i will take that bet any day of the weak!!!! I don't think Ottawa would ever deal with Toronto!

Last edited by Lynk; 05-19-2006 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost