O-town's Off-Topic thread...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003
The Righteous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RBABE is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb O-town's Off-Topic thread...

Spill it if you have an Off-topic to spill, spill it here! I'll let Mike (Pharoh) decide on keeping this one or not, we will just see how it goes...ENJOY YOURSELVES IN HERE!!!
Old 08-15-2003
The Righteous

THIS WAS SUBMITTED BY Abe (player) via me-

Blackout 2003

so, post your stories, how did u cope

somehow my civic was outta gas, so a friend picked my up, we went to home depot got some supplies, and drove to hull, in the dark got some barrels of gas, and filled up my car and enjoyed the total dark, so romantic, too bad i dont have a women to share it with. but seriuosly, if the power is out tonight, i will go out driving with my lights off, woot woot.

but seriously, this is redicoulus, in a country as modern as canada, how can something like this happen, this is a descarse, i lived through the first gulf war in the middle east, and it wasent like this, i am dissapointed, what happened to all the technology, what happened to the flick of a switch were u can redirect elecricity to come from somehwere else, we have enough water force to generate enough electricity for the world, we have fookin nuclear power, this is a disgrace, i am dissapointed in the government.

rant away
Old 08-15-2003

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
i guess most people are still outta power
Old 08-16-2003
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
I was coming back from Hull at 3 in the afternoon from the dealership. I had the CD player on and had no idea there was a power outage of any kind until I was over the bridge and on Richmond. It took 2 hours to get from Hull to Home...usually about 20 minutes!!
When I got on Richmond I gotta call from Mani asking me if the power was out at my place. I immediately turned on the radio to discover that the outage was widespread and instantly wished I had stopped at FreddySi's as I had driven right past his place in Hull and it was like a bazillion degrees outside.

Later on I decided to go to Hull and fill up the car and then hang at Freddy's. When I got to the car I noticed that while I was driving earlier the gas needle didn't adjust to the 2 hours of traffic and I was suddenly out of gas!! I tried to make it but thought caution was the better part of valour and I turned back. Luckily Pir8Pete was going over to Hull too and had a few bucks of fuel in a gerry can. That was enough to last the 1.5 hours in traffic trying to get over the bridge and the additional 40 minutes waiting in line at the gas station...lol.

I bought a 9 Volt for my clock radio.

Today I went back to Gatineau and stalked up on batteries, lights and candles.

Suggestion: Get those Tap lights! You know the ones that are round and flat and you just tap on them to turn them on....Reason is that when you get mass hysteria like this everybody goes for the D Batteries. I couldn't find any so I bought 4 of these tap lights that take AA batteries instead and man are they bright! Two in the living room and one in the kitchen.
Old 08-16-2003
The Righteous

Alright boys, I'm gonna give you 4 pics of my vic so you can see mine too, check my profile for what all is done to it. This is an up close of the front.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	decal close.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	7234  
Old 08-16-2003
The Righteous

This is how kameleon changes on my front and back Illusive Imports decal and probably how your new member's hubbies change colors.

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	7235  
Old 08-16-2003
The Righteous

This is the right side of my vic so you can see her wheels and sexy *** side profile. They are aftermarket 15" Enkei's OEM 5 split spoke wheels.

Name:	image5.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	7236  
Old 08-16-2003
The Righteous

This is my deck, I believe it is the same as Rob's (Array). It is a Pioneer 8400 HU.

Name:	image7.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	7237  
Old 08-16-2003
Registered!!

Array is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by RBABE
This is my deck, I believe it is the same as Rob's (Array). It is a Pioneer 8400 HU.
Yup same one...she's a beauty!!! Obviously there are some of us with at least some taste ...right Rbabe!?!?! lol My one complaint about it is that since our front console is slightly slanted, you can't get the full benefit of the decks detail !!! Oh well.....it's still slick.
Old 08-16-2003
The Righteous

This is true Rob unless you are Baller's height, then you get the full detail action packed adventure it was meant to be. But, then again, if you are so tall like Baller, you have to put your head threw the moonroof and wouldn't be able to see it at all, wait a minute, Baller is DX and doesn't have a moonroof, you guys had to cut a hole in his roof so he could drive his car, didn't you?

Rob-I have already told Mike that if I do come visit you guys one day to check out the scene so to speak that either you or Mike would have to pull me out of your vic for I wouldn't leave it, my *** would be planted in there vibing real good and hard until one of you pulled me out. Because I wouldn't have my vic and NEED that feeling throughout my whole body. So, you have been warned, if I come to see you guys one day, you will have me planted in your passenger seat, okay? LOL! This is soo funny for it is soo true!

Last edited by RBABE; 08-16-2003 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-16-2003
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
rbabe: i didnt cut a hole...i just took my seat out...so i sit on the ground! You are bass crazy...why dont you just mount a sub under you're seat!!! hahaha
array: so you got you're new HU then huh? looks nice...so is pharoh getting you're old one??
Old 08-16-2003
The Righteous

Baller, my man is the sub (bass) under my seat!!!!! I believe Pharoh already got Array's deck if I'm not mixing up my stories?
Old 08-16-2003
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
RBABE: d00d, how much did you pay for those rims?

those are the ones that came with my car...I wanna sell them but I don't know how much to ask for?

I tried at $500 USD with the rubber...but nobody would buy them

fek.
Old 08-16-2003
The Righteous

I paid $600.00 U.S. for them not including the shipping. Have you used them or did you pull them from your car once you got your car? I would try around $400.00, maybe?
Old 08-16-2003
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
I think I sold my factory wheels for like $450 or something.
Old 08-18-2003
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

EŽik will become famous soon enoughEŽik will become famous soon enough
RBABE: sweet ride!! I've always been a sucker for silver, but the thing is, EVERYONE has them now. No matter where I look theres a silver vic somewhere.

Got my car June 2001 and you were lucky if you saw a coupe or sedan once a week, now you see them EVERYWHERE. Oh well I guess that means they are good cars

I'll work on pictures soon. Hopefully Rob will get his old man's digital camera some time soon.

we also need to take an updated team picture.
Old 08-18-2003
The Righteous

Thanks, Erik! If I would of known then what I know now about SSM, I would of chose a dif color for sure!
Old 08-19-2003
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
i've heard more than one person say they'd rather NOT buy a SSM in the future...what's your reasoning?

i think it's a sweet colour...what's wrong with it?

(my car is NBP as you know, so bash away if you like)
Old 08-19-2003
The Righteous

tek-it is a good color, it is just everyone has that color and to match paint because it is a metallic and has no pigment is impossible. I still dig it, but, I hate that at our meets, there are at least 30 others lined up right next to me that are SSM!
Old 08-19-2003
Ask me about your mom.

a ha...gotcha.

it's the same deal with NBP...but I love NBP hehehe

well, I love black in general

i think all of my cars are going to be black, unless I have no choice in the matter (next car will hopefully be an imported evo from japan).

mmm....blackness....
Old 08-19-2003
The Righteous

I love black too, hardly no one has them out here because of the heat. Which is stupid for it doesn't matter what color your ride is, it is still going to be blazing hot when you get into it! I think we have 2 NBP out of 100 of our members.
Old 08-19-2003
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

EŽik will become famous soon enoughEŽik will become famous soon enough
You know there is one colour that I do not see alot of.. well 2 actually. One is red. Either in the Si (canadian) and SiR and that mustard yellowish colour that you could only get in the Si and SiR. But they have a few new colours now... like a cream colour and white. Oh and green. Most favourable colours I've seen are blue, silver, and black.
Old 08-19-2003
The Righteous

We can get the Inca Pearl (mustard) in our EX's (your SI's). We have also always had the Taffeta White, but, I'm not too sure on the cream color? I think we already had that one?! Have you seen the new green, it is light and kinda sea green, I likey! I hate the Green Clover, BLAH! I agree, SSM, NBP, and EBP rock!
Old 08-23-2003
The Righteous

Alright boys, I'm gonna close down this one for you have your general discussion thread and Freddy expressed interest in doing individual off-topic threads.