Ottawa - MAJOR SPEEDING BLITZ - (July/31/03)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003
Ask me about your mom.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
Ottawa - MAJOR SPEEDING BLITZ - (July/31/03)

I don't listen to the radio, but apparently they have it broadcasted on the radio that there is a major speeding blitz going on RIGHT NOW, and over the entire long weekend.

Let me tell you FIRST HAND, that they are DEFINITELY out in full force!

I got a ticket this morning (my first...fek), and there was a FLEET of 8 policemen on bikes, waiting on the 174 bus ramp heading EAST.

The O.P.P. are patrolling the 417/174 LIKE MAD, and the ottawa police are patrolling the residential areas.

BE WARNED!

Here are some locations where I spotted them today:
1) A HUGE number of bike cops were waiting on the bus ramp, where the transit way merges onto the HWY near blair. They are waiting on the actual overpass with radar guns (4 cops were positioned there), and then the bike cops chase after you if they found you were speeding.

2) The usual spot just near the moodie exit on the 417, heading WEST. There were 2 cop cars there, one facing in either direction. One guy was outside the car shooting people with the radar gun.

3) I was passed by over 5 cop cars on my way to orleans, and then back to work in kanata. And unfortunately, 4 of them were undercover. Luckily, I was cruising at 100 on the nose.

4) I got nailed in a residential area. There was a cop waiting on a side street, WAY out of sight. I also saw a few others on other side streets trying the same thing. BE CAREFUL EVERYWHERE!!!

they are EVERYWHERE!

OBEY THE SPEEDLIMIT (for this weekend, at least ).

don't get screwed like I did!

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up!
Old 07-31-2003
Registered!!

Array is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the heads you man. That sucks that you got hit though....was it bad? 2ways will be coming in handy this time eh?!?!

Hopefully everybody will have one!
Old 07-31-2003
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
yeah, seriously...2 ways will be the best thing we could possibly have
Old 07-31-2003

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
****, any points?
Old 07-31-2003
Ask me about your mom.

I don't wanna get into details...

I'll tell you tomorrow, though
Old 07-31-2003
Registered!!

jame0040 is an unknown quantity at this point
Watch out for RCMP aswell, they have been swarn in as special constables to help the Ottawa Police....
Old 07-31-2003

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
looks like we have a new member here, welcome to the site man, give us some more info about your car and how u found us, and check out the ottawa thread
Old 07-31-2003
Registered!!

Array is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by jame0040
Watch out for RCMP aswell, they have been swarn in as special constables to help the Ottawa Police....
Are you serious?!?! Damn, that really sucks. I always enjoy seeing RCMP and just continuing on my way without any worries. So RCMP has juricediction [sp] on all main roads, residentials etc.??? I'm am not happy about this.

Good call though..Moral of this thread..........Watch your ***!!! 2ways are now a must. Good 'ol technology!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2003
Registered!!

jame0040 is an unknown quantity at this point
RCMP used to pull you over and then call OPD to give you a ticket, now they can enforce all the Highway Traffic Act themselves. I work at a homeless shelter so i deal with all three force that patrol ottawa now.

Player- car is bone stock.....no money for mods just got married and bought a new house in Orleans. I've known Tekgnosis for 4 yrs. and he told me about the site....
Old 08-01-2003
Ask me about your mom.

yeah, player, you've met him before...silver Si veloz...you remember?

wait a minute...holy jesus, you posted that at 5:21am! you're a beast! that's nuts!

anywho, I saw four guys standing up on top of the bus overpass, and it was a radio guy, and an ottawa police with a radar gun, and OPP officer with a radar gun, and an RCMP officer with a radar gun.

yikes. talk about joint forces fek.

anyways, 2-ways are definitely a must.

hopefully nobody else will get busted!

Did I mention how incredibly frustrating this was, though?

I mean, I go from orleans to kanata and back everyday for work...so I set cruise control at 2500RPM's, which works out to be around 98/99km/h. So man, i never speed on the HWY anymore cuz I can get over 650km's per tank of gas if I old-man it on the HWY.

but...yesterday I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. some guy cut me off and was a complete retard, so I sped up and passed him. who wants to be stuck behind a retard?

so I sped up, passed him, then kept on going at the 'increased' speed. and BOOM, that's when I got nailed.

man that's frustrating.

player: thanks for the tip a couple weeks ago: I now use cruise control on ALL streets (except for the 40 zones...I wish cruise control worked that slow)!

so, hopefully nobody else will get nailed!
Old 08-01-2003
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Or you could just get a ticket for Jumping a red like me...lol. Two ways would have been helpful that night eh boyz....lol.

Ok yesterday, a whole fleet of bikes, cruisers (OPP, OCP, RCMP) went by my office on the autoroute along side the 174..so may of them...wow...I thought the PM was in the middle...lol.