Terrible experience at Happy Honda

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HondaCustomer is an unknown quantity at this point
Terrible experience at Happy Honda

I started the Sunday two weeks ago on a sunny weekend to test drive the Honda Accord. The dealership was fairly empty and I was helped by their salesman Francis Yau. The day went pretty well with me test driving the 2013 V6 and LX model. I wanted the EX-L model which they did not have in stock. I felt quite a bit of pressure to sign on the day of test driving but I knew the price was not right. I went price shopping at another dealership and was offered more than $1000 less for the 2013 EX-L model. I called Francis to let him know that I got a better offer and he agreed to match it, subject to the availability of the model. Paid my deposit and signed the agreement and left. He called me the next day to let me know there were 3 in stock. Great! I thought...Nothing much else happened until a week after when they told me the car was ready for pick up. I was very excited and I told them that I'll need to delay it for 2 days. They were fine with the arrangement. I get a call the next day to inform me that my car cannot be given to me. But they could give me another one with 150km on it...Definitely not a new car in my mind. I escalated the issue to the GM and he told me that there were no more of this model in BC. They checked all over, yada yada yada. Fair enough, I give the other dealership I was previously dealing with a call and he indicated to me that he had 4. Ok, so the GM lied to me and my thinking was they sold my car to someone else. I went there one final time to get my deposit back...but they mess up my records with another customer and only refund me half of what I initially paid. They resolved the issue but it further infuriated the process. Will not recommend to anyone and definitely will not go back. Ended up giving my business to their competitor and will refer more to them.
Old 08-17-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Terrible experience at Happy Honda

Yeap. Some of them are not very good at what they do... Makes you wonder how they stay in business.
Old 08-17-2013
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Terrible experience at Happy Honda

Just to add a little info to anyone reading in....

My car originally came from Happy Honda. Bought by people from Kamloops in Vancouver. I've noticed since then about 40% of the Hondas where I live have Happy Honda stickers on them (I'm talking 15 year old Civics too). I think Happy Honda Has basically sold most of the Hondas in BC for at least the past 15 years. I phoned them for a radio code when I first got my Honda and the dude laughed at me and hung up.

Short story I feel your pain. All dealerships suck. Just a bunch of salesmen trying to take as much of your money as they can get and giving you as little as possible while smiling at you the whole time.

I went to get an alignment at my local dealership last spring and they gave me the full shakedown. Guy comes out says they can't do it because the upper control arms are shot and they'll replace them for $600. I say no take it down and give it back to me and then he pulls the classic the mechanic doesn't want to release the vehicle because it's not safe. I guess the guy saw the look in my eye because he dropped that conversation as fast as he started it. This is my local Honda dealership, yay

A small side note - the estimated labour for the UCA was 3hours @ $85/hr. I did it myself stoned in less then 3 hours