General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

rear tie bar install

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluecoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
rear tie bar install

well i installed my dc rear tie bar today, i had read the posts by people who waited to long between removing the control arm bolts and bolting in the tie bar so i made sure i had everything i needed nearby before i took out the bolt. i was also going to do one bolt at a time. so i removed the first bolt (passenger side) and to my horror, the second i took the bolt out, the hole disappeared, it was out of line. so now i'm thinking **** now i'm screwed, i shouldn't have done this. now if anyone has experience with this you know that you can't just pull something one way and the holes line up again cuz you're basically working against the force of your car's suspension which is designed to support the weight of your car. so after a little despair and brainstorming, i found that if i could use a jack under the control arm and kinda push it up, but the hole was still off line to teh left a little so i used the beefiest screw drive i could find to pry it to the right and finally! got that sucker back in with the tie bar on. then it was time for bolt #2, same deal.

now i don't know if everyone has had that experience or what, i have only read one other post about misaligned holes for the control arm bolt. but anyways, i had the car jacked up, i don't know if that was the difference that gave me that problem, but in the dc instructions it says to jack up the car before you start anyways. so i'm just saying be prepared.

so the tie bar is installed, without casualties, i'm happy. the back end of the car does feel tighter, can't wait to get the strut bar installed once i get the missing piece in the mail.
Old 12-20-2001
DIY King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
I'm kinda sad that you didn't read my post. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] Use the search function people! Tips on installing DC Sports tie bar... The solution would be to unscrew it from one end and at the same time screw in a similiar bolt from the other end. Home Depot should have that thread size and diameter on hand.