Engine Required

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
manytrees is an unknown quantity at this point
Engine Required

I have a 1994 civic si, standard. The motor is shot thanks to the jerk who stole it a few years back. I would now like to replace it with one with some more power and get it back on the road . I am working on a low budget about $2-3000. Any suggestions on what I should be looking for and some places to buy from in Canada (I'm in BC) to make shipping easier. Only one that seems easy to find is JDM in Toronto.
Old 09-08-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Engine Required

You can probably find a used B16 that requires a little bit of work and drop it in for that much. However you'd have to do the work yourself and the initial power gain wouldn't be all that much. By that range I mean closer to 3000. Kijiiji and craigslist are your friend.
Old 09-08-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Engine Required

There's a shop in Surrey that specializes in import engines, relying on google search results is not the way to go. Make an account on either revscene.net or vancouvercivics.com and ask about local engine suppliers there, they are both local import forums and you'll get the best and most information from those sources.