Tickets

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShaolinII is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Tickets

Here is some strange informationabout parking tickets.

My student got a $65 (!) ticket for parking in an angle parking spot backwards. Not parked at an angle opposite the yellow lines, but simply she backed into it. Sixty-five dollars. She tried to dispute the ticket but (surprise surprise!) that is the law / bylaw.

Let us not forget the lesson I learned last weekend either. Don't parallel park further than 50 centimeters from the curb, cause that's a $50 ticket.

Careful everybody!
Any other obscure traffic / parking laws you guys may or may not have violated lately?

Shaolin II

Oh yeah, don't u-turn with police watching - that's bad too. $115 & 2 demerits.
The official measurement was 72 centimeters from the curb - What was I thinking?
Old 09-04-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
Re: Tickets

Originally posted by ShaolinII
Here is some strange informationabout parking tickets.

My student got a $65 (!) ticket for parking in an angle parking spot backwards. Not parked at an angle opposite the yellow lines, but simply she backed into it. Sixty-five dollars. She tried to dispute the ticket but (surprise surprise!) that is the law / bylaw.

Let us not forget the lesson I learned last weekend either. Don't parallel park further than 50 centimeters from the curb, cause that's a $50 ticket.

Careful everybody!
Any other obscure traffic / parking laws you guys may or may not have violated lately?

Shaolin II

Oh yeah, don't u-turn with police watching - that's bad too. $115 & 2 demerits.
The official measurement was 72 centimeters from the curb - What was I thinking?

i wonder if that curb rule is like that down here in houston cause i be all up on the curb cause i dun want nobody hitting my car from the street!!!
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

Sojsboy is an unknown quantity at this point
backwards? what kinda stupid rule is that? how does that cause danger?
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

Cisco88 is an unknown quantity at this point
it is for all those lazy ticket people who don't want to walk all the way around....
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

Damian2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats absolutely retarded. Did she dispute it in court or did she just talk to the employee at the payment desk? Unless there is a valid reason which i cant think of right now, i can't really see a judge upholding that ticket.

Also, what do you teach man?

Ok, i may have it figured out. They usually only designate angle parking in one-way parking lanes. Therefore, to back in would require some unorthodox maneuvering in one way traffic. Thanks for the tip!
Old 09-04-2003
President

dret is an unknown quantity at this point
thats bull man...
i would of disputed and said that i was parked next to a big truck and knew i would have trouble backing out later.. so i backed into it for easy access out...

dam parking ticket ppl and dam cops!!...
i was driving right by grant during rush hour... and this cop pulls up beside me.. her lanes moving but she just sits beside me (holding up traffic behind her) and just stares me down... what a bitch... i should of given her the finger or something
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

Damian2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
haha! dumb ho! She was probably checking to see if your graphic was like a clandestined gang sign or something retarded. I LOVE the way they break every traffic law in the book but can bend you over for something vague like backing into a parking stall or having an "enlarged exhaust tip."
Old 09-04-2003
Registered!!

cvcpwr2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL, thats f*ckin funny. shoulda played some music with lots of swearing, like "f*ck the police" by ice cube, that woulda been a riot.

also for messed up parking bylaws, i got a ticket for the stupidest sh*t. here's the scinario: picture this, if you will, three parking meters on the left of a one way and a "loading zone" infront of them, which is about 2 and a bit car lengths long. i park at the parking meter closest to the loading zone. the nose of my car was maybe a foot and a half infront of my meter. i get back from what i was doing and this bitch of a meter maid is writing up a ticket. i argue with her for a good 5 min. but to no avail. i had to pay 30$ for that bull. what a joke of a job these people have, hassling people for useless stuff like this.
Old 09-05-2003
Registered!!

Cisco88 is an unknown quantity at this point
gotta meet a quota.......
Old 09-05-2003
Registered!!

ShaolinII is an unknown quantity at this point
Ticket-whoring.