Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

GodSpeed Turbo Kit Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I <3 My EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
GodSpeed Turbo Kit Review

Well, I was thinking about getting the GSP boost kit for the d17.

I've researched and found mixed reviews about the kit. Some people said it was great and others said it wasnt so great.

Has anyone on here personally used the Godspeed kit?
Also, how is the tsi?

Depending on what I learn, i'll get the godspeed kit and write a review about it and a nice thread.
Old 10-10-2011
Registered!!

Re: GodSpeed Turbo Kit Review

Edit: Only looking to run 5-8 PSI. Stock motor and gonna use rsx injectors
Old 10-10-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

make sure the tune is REAL good... and you'll be fine
Old 10-10-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

^The only way the tune will be real good is with k-pro or AEM EMS, just to add.

The quality of the components in a godspeed kit sucks, you'd be better off piecing together a kit with used parts and a 14b turbo.
Old 10-10-2011
Registered!!

Ahh, theres someone locally selling a tsi kit but a hole in one of the intercooler pipes and without the fuel components for 450 with a gt 25 turbo or something like that with 10k miles but i dont know
Old 10-10-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Getting a tsi kit installed sounds fun.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...bo-kits-2.html
Old 10-11-2011
Registered!!

Wow i've been reading that thread, looks like hell. That kit is definetly out of the question!
Old 10-11-2011
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

lol, like people said above, your better off piecing together a kit, it will work out much better. if you plan on boosting the d17, make sure you do it right the first time.
Old 10-11-2011
Registered!!

I would piece one but with my luck id be buying parts that dont fit etc. I was thinking getting the GSP stuff and maybe replace the WG and BOV since to something much better.
Old 10-11-2011
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

i mean you can always get the godspeed kit, and slowly replace stuff as time go on. you dont have to do it right away. but if your going to do that, i think you should spend the money and get kpro. id get kpro before the turbo kit, or buy it right after the kit. best way to get the car tuned right and drive safe.
Old 10-11-2011
Registered!!

Yeah, I found someone to dyno tune it for 100$ an hour , how does that sound? another guy owns a bmw performance shop and said he could tune it for 45$ and hour on the street but im not so sure he knows anything about hondas..
Old 10-11-2011
Registered!!

well when i got my boosted d17 tuned it cost me 400 or 500 bucks, and when i got my k swap tuned it was around the same price. i dont know hour rates bc i was only there for my tune and neevr had to go back for more tuning. just make sure whoever is a legit hondata kpro tuner.
Old 10-11-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

If you go to a BMW tuner who has no experience with k-pro or Honda engines you might as well read some articles and do it yourself, because you won't get a good tune. Research the tuners in your area, find the one most people with Hondas prefer, have him tune the car. $125-150 an hour for a dyno tune is average.

A proper tune and good engine management are the most important aspects of going turbo.
Old 10-12-2011
Registered!!

MatthaiN is an unknown quantity at this point

You could always do a B-Series Swap and go with this turbo kit and get a nice tune.

http://www.speedfactoryracing.net/st...roduct=1650783
Old 10-12-2011
Registered!!

mmm yeah, em2's cant do b-series swaps, its not legal.
Old 10-12-2011
Registered!!

MatthaiN is an unknown quantity at this point

ahh touche. talk about a brain fart.