Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

2005 civic si hb turbo kit info

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
j_wickline is an unknown quantity at this point
2005 civic si hb turbo kit info

im wanting to turbo my k20a3 with this kit (below)... can anyone give me advice, pros and cons, or opinions. i dont want anymore than 10 psi because its a daily driver. just wanting some boost for fun.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Old 02-24-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: 2005 civic si hb turbo kit info

Ebay turbo kits destory engines and give little to no results, guranteed. If you want to go turbo you need at least $2000 for a low end DSM set-up to $4000 for a set-up with new parts that would put you around 250hp at relatively high boost.
Old 02-25-2011
2010 Civic Si

K20Z3 is on a distinguished road

I laughed a little when I saw the title of the item. I really don't believe that that kit will give you 485hp but you'll get something out of it. Just be ready for a lot of torque steer. Seems like a good deal.
Old 02-25-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

You might get 40-50hp out of something like that.
Old 02-28-2011
Registered!!

j_wickline is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah that's really all I'm wanting to gain cause its a daily driver but do yall think this kit will harm my motor? I just want about 5 to 10 psi. The title of the turbo is pretty dumb but if I could get 50 to 100 safely I'd be happy.
Old 02-28-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by j_wickline
Yeah that's really all I'm wanting to gain cause its a daily driver but do yall think this kit will harm my motor? I just want about 5 to 10 psi. The title of the turbo is pretty dumb but if I could get 50 to 100 safely I'd be happy.
but thats not the point. you will destroy ur engine with those cheap kits. you will have tons of air leaks and you will end up shelling out 2x more money to fix ur engine + a crap ton of wasted time and headachs.
Old 03-16-2011
Registered!!

05SiHatch is an unknown quantity at this point

I am about to turbo my Si. I was wondering if the kit im looking at would even be worth buying. Im new to the Honda game and am doing all the easearch i can on my car but still would like some feed back on this.
here is the link to the kit: http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...651/index.html
Old 03-16-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

a good reading on how-to-turbo - different engine, but worth the read:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...ies-motor.html
Old 03-16-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by 05SiHatch
I am about to turbo my Si. I was wondering if the kit im looking at would even be worth buying. Im new to the Honda game and am doing all the easearch i can on my car but still would like some feed back on this.
here is the link to the kit: http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...651/index.html
Thats a good quality turbo kit, but you'd need to factor in another $1500-2000 to purchase an engine management system, have it installed and dyno tuned.
Old 03-18-2011
Registered!!

05SiHatch is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an HKS control oredered. And family owns a dyno. But is it a good all around street and strip system.
Old 03-18-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by 05SiHatch
I have an HKS control oredered. And family owns a dyno. But is it a good all around street and strip system.
Overall, yes it's good, but the HKS control isn't.

Hondata k-pro is the only system worthwhile and reliable.