Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

k20 swap help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hansolophyem2 is an unknown quantity at this point
k20 swap help!!!!!

i have an 05 honda civic ex coupe magnesium auto and i am saving up for a k20 swap somewhere in the future its my first car so im really attached to it and imma keep it forever...problem is iono if i can do a swap on my auto and yes i knw how to drive a manual...my car got the looks just need the power to back it up you knw.suggestion guys any info will really help.
Old 04-24-2009
Registered!!

mdawg is on a distinguished road
Re: k20 swap help!!!!!

I read that as if you want to drop the k20 into your current transmission, which you cant.

Afaik The k20 only has the 6speed transmission available for it. I'm just guessing I don't know if you can use a transmission from an accord or not(K24 I think?). I'd wait for gearbox or andy or someone to clear this up lol. Search around some more tho I'm sure your not the first to ask.

Take that back, the base model RSX was made in auto but I would assume it would be hella expensive to get that transmission. Plus that slush box is going to really neglect any point of doing a K swap and be more prob. Go manual you will love it a lot more in the end.

Last edited by mdawg; 04-24-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-24-2009
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

you can do the kswap in your car. you just have to convert it to manual.
Old 04-24-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

damn son do a search theres a whole thread on this subject
Old 04-24-2009
Registered!!

I knw there's a whole lot of thread bout a swap into a manual em2 but I got auto I jus need to knw what I need to convert it to a manual so I can do a full swap...most peopel doing swap into there's em2 have a manual em2 but I got auto just need info what things I need to get rid of my auto transmission so I can do a k20.I only saw one em2 but it was a four door that use to be a auto but he put in a k20 swap but that was on youtube so I couldn't ask any questions
Old 04-24-2009
Registered!!

army12bc will become famous soon enough

check out my thread. https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ic-ex-4dr.html the only thing different is the tranny parts for this list in this thread...http://www.xproductionz.com/k20swap/k20swap.html
Old 04-24-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

theres really no point to putting the base auto rsx motor in, it barely makes 140whp in manual trans, auto is prolly more like 120 or less. i doubt you would notice much difference in performance to justify the cost. maybe with hondata but its still way more $$ for a slow motor.
Old 04-24-2009
Registered!!

mdawg is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gearbox
theres really no point to putting the base auto rsx motor in, it barely makes 140whp in manual trans, auto is prolly more like 120 or less. i doubt you would notice much difference in performance to justify the cost. maybe with hondata but its still way more $$ for a slow motor.
I thought base model was K20A3?(correct me if I'm wrong) which is 160hp or is that not actual whp.
Old 04-25-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah 160 bhp (flywheel), not actual hp to the wheels. ive seen dynos right around 140whp for manual k20a3, just like the older 2000 si civic with the b-series. and we all know auto trans robs another 10-15% of the total hp.
Old 04-25-2009
Registered!!

well i wanna get a k20 from a acura rsx type s or si plus how do i get that to pass smog?and is a type r motor from japan can pass smog here in us in any way?
Old 04-25-2009
Registered!!

type s should pass as long as you put a cat and muffler on. its a us engine so it should be legal. type r from what i have read wont pass. also type r doesn't have alot of help here as parts have to be either aftermarket or jdm. mechanics in your area should be able to tell you about it
Old 04-25-2009
Premium Member

type r needs premium gas too 93 octane or it knocks.
Old 04-25-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
type r needs premium gas too 93 octane or it knocks.
learned something new
Old 04-26-2009
Registered!!

thanx fpr the help guys any other advice?
Old 04-27-2009
TEIN MAN

RAZRBLD has a spectacular aura aboutRAZRBLD has a spectacular aura aboutRAZRBLD has a spectacular aura about

i made 161whp and 131trq on my k20a3 with DC race header, KPRO (tuned) and 2.5in exhaust...along with a AEM intake. which makes what gearbox is saying exactly on the ball